Caster/camber/toe in settings

Golden Banana

Reaction score
Does anyone know the preferred standard settings for these?.....getting all kinds of conflicting info from the net and books so over to you guys!...got a 1/2 degree negative camber from one book???? NEGATIVE??? ......HELP! ....thanks in advance .....oh yeah 71 Newport 2dr.

Check out this link - I found it very helpful:

www.allpar.com/history/mopar/front-end-alignment.html

I know if you have a stock suspension then there is only so much you can do/get. Toe in for mine is 0.0625" per side. Negative camber would be great at -0.50 degrees but stock the best I could get was 0. At least I don't have any positive. Would need those aftermarket camber bolts to get negative for me. As for caster I believe I am around 1.80-2.00 degrees being the best we could achieve.

Negatve camber tilts the top of the wheel towards the center of the car. Negative camber helps traction in corners. On old cars you usally get positive camber gain which is bad. The bottom of the wheel tilts towards the center of the car, which makes the tire try to run on the sidewall, basically dragging the tire on the pavement. So negative camber would be right.

Thanks guys it can be confusing when a chiltons automotive service manual says
left side 1/2 degree P .......+ or - 1/4 degree
right side 1/4 degree P ......+ or - 1/4 degree

I cant think of a reason why any car should want Positive camber

Back