Cbody Bob's and Wollfen's great big adventure

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So last Friday I went to Bobs place and we took a drive over to an auction in Siler City North Carolina, Friday being the viewing day. There was a HELLUVA lot of stuff and cars there, 9 B-bodies and parts in the tonnage. It was a deceased estate with everything going up for sale. As you will see from the pics there was plenty to choose from, these pics are only a portion of all that was there. I will add extra posts and show extra stuff and what I won.

fi1.jpg
fi4.jpg
fi7.jpg
fi12 (1).jpg
fi13.jpg
fi15.jpg
fi16.jpg
fi18.jpg
fi21.jpg
fi24 (1).jpg

More stuff we saw on Friday, there was nine cars and section bodies as well. Oh and a plane too. Plus a 30 foot enclosed car trailer.

Charger.jpg
fi27.jpg
fi29.jpg
fi54.jpg
fi56.jpg
fi60.jpg
fi61.jpg
fi68.jpg
fi82.jpg
fi91.jpg

More pics, so much stuff, I forgot to take pics of the dozens of doors and engines, transmissions, rear axles etc. I got carried away just looking at everything, we were there for hours walking around checking it all out.

fi96.jpg
fi109.jpg
fi110.jpg
fi111.jpg
fi112.jpg
fi114.jpg
fi120.jpg
fi174.jpg
fi177.jpg
fi179.jpg

Okay here are pics of some of the stuff I bought, the red 69 Sport Satellite is a complete shell with all rust work done and came with a title, new tires on those rims missing a few parts that got sold separately but I bought some bits during the auction. Much of the trim and some new parts including carpet etc was in the trunk of the car. The charger I bought isn't near as bad as it looks, plus I bought all the sheet metal it would need during the auction.
On a side note, the camper trailer sold for $50!! An the 30 car trailer they found the wheels for sold for $400. I think in hindsight I should have bid.

Pickup.jpg
Pickup1.jpg
Pickup2.jpg
Pickup5.jpg
Charger.jpg
fi68.jpg
fi117.jpg
fi124.jpg
fi134.jpg

Bob was going to buy the 71 Charger but let it go, he decided he has way too many projects as it is, it sold for $600 with a title. He ended up buying some gems that weren't whole cars. I also relieved him of a car too. Yellow sedan he recently picked up. I will let Bob add more to the story, it was amazing what sold cheap and what sold for a lot of money. Bob kept saying as we drove home, "You stole that red car, you stole that red car."

Pickup6.jpg
Pickup7.jpg
Pickup8.jpg

nice work, Bob and Gary ! Congratulations ! Recall the original engine in the Sport Satellite? That's a great one either way !

Nice! Sadly, there will probably be a lot more of this type of auction as time moves on and the older MOPAR hobbyists pass on.

Great seeing these great gems moving on to other Mopar people and not going to be crushed and turned in to toasters.

Pretty cool stuff. Glad you were able to grab something at a good price. Upon looking at the scenario, while I too think it's cool to collect stuff, it's just a reminder that you can't take it with you. You're better off having 1 project and finishing it, than 10 and never getting any of them done. Then again, I guess you never know when you're going to that big car lot in the sky.

So last Friday I went to Bobs place and we took a drive over to an auction in Siler City North Carolina, Friday being the viewing day. There was a HELLUVA lot of stuff and cars there, 9 B-bodies and parts in the tonnage. It was a deceased estate with everything going up for sale. As you will see from the pics there was plenty to choose from, these pics are only a portion of all that was there. I will add extra posts and show extra stuff and what I won.

View attachment 170705 View attachment 170706 View attachment 170707 View attachment 170708 View attachment 170709 View attachment 170710 View attachment 170711 View attachment 170712 View attachment 170713 View attachment 170714

Wait. . . Didn't you just sell a Charger? Now you go and get another one?

nice work, Bob and Gary ! Congratulations ! Recall the original engine in the Sport Satellite? That's a great one either way !
I have the fender tag somewhere, It has been a long three days beleive me, I'm sure Bob is worn out too.

This would be exactly what I need for the "parts house" in the back yard... oddly, code enforcement doesn't seem to care about the trailers. :realcrazy:
fi91-jpg.jpg

You guy's always seem to have a lot of fun when you get together, I have got to visit sometime. Looks like you got some good deals.

Back