Cbody Cameo in Music Video

The tragically Hip used C bodies well in their videos too...

Ahead by a Century: 74 Newport
Locked in the trunk of a car-66 Chrysler 300 4dr.

The tragically Hip used C bodies well in their videos too...

Ahead by a Century: 74 Newport
Locked in the trunk of a car-66 Chrysler 300 4dr.

I think the only tragically hip video I've ever seen was New Orleans is sinking. And as far as being locked in the trunk of a car goes, you could do alot worse than a '66 Chrysler!

I think the only tragically hip video I've ever seen was New Orleans is sinking. And as far as being locked in the trunk of a car goes, you could do alot worse than a '66 Chrysler!
Rob Baker is a customer of mine at my shop. He is the lead guitarist for the Tragically Hip.
I asked him who was the big car fan in the group. His reply was the video producer Eric Yealland that did several videos for them was the guy having a soft spot for the cars.
I mentioned that I have close ties to my friends 66 300 sedan similar to the car in the video and told him a brief story about the car. he smiled and enjoyed the story.
The Canadian 4 door sedan 66 300 is a rare car and the last of its breed.
1966 300 revival 002.JPG

Last edited:
Rob Baker is a customer of mine at my shop. He is the lead guitarist for the Tragically Hip.
I asked him who was the big car fan in the group. His reply was the video producer Eric Yealland that did several videos for them was the guy having a soft spot for the cars.
I mentioned that I have close ties to my friends 66 300 sedan similar to the car in the video and told him a brief story about the car. he smiled and enjoyed the story.
View attachment 356187

I never knew about the Canadian 300 sedan. Thanks for the information! There was an Edmonton band back in the day named "Lazersnake", not to be confused with LAZERHAWK, that had a '66 300 four door hardtop. Edmonton has large number of '66 300's, most of which seem to be red two doors.

Just curious, what tail light style did the '66 Canadian 300 use?

Nice to see the Chryslers in the videos! Thanks for posting!
CBODY67

Just curious, what tail light style did the '66 Canadian 300 use?

Nice to see the Chryslers in the videos! Thanks for posting!
CBODY67
Newport..or in Canada, Windsor.
1966 was the last year for the Canadian Windsor model and also for the 300 "Sport" (Sport designated the U.S. built 300)
1967 the Newport was sold both in U.S. and Canada.

Last edited:
View attachment 356187

But does he know what happened to the car is that was used in the music video?

But does he know what happened to the car is that was used in the music video?
The car used to belong to the owner's grandfather..so a family heirloom so to speak.
The car was rented for the video and afterwards Producer Eric Yelland offered to buy the car but was turned down. The family appreciated the car being in the video but was not for sale at that time.
After that I do not know anything further,and I did not get to ask Rob about the car. In the video,the band is not seen with the car so I am assuming They let the production team handle the cars.

While doing a Google search for the website with lots of normal people car pictures (owners posing with their cars from the later '60s-earlier '70s), I found this picture on flikr. Then another of the USA version for comparison.

Still gotta find that website, though. LOTS of neat stuff in there!

CBODY67

CHRYSLER__1966_300_CANADIAN_32476392050_70ddcf7973_b.jpg

CHRYSLER__1966_300_USA_fs_1966_Chrysler_300_4_Door_Hardtop_Lilac_Poly_rv__2005_CEMA__DSCN5483.jpg

Back