certicard

zjuni

Reaction score
Hello
Founded this from vehicle. Is it possible to catch previous owners. Car has been imported to Finland late 80*s. Thanks
certicard.jpg

It's worth a shot, here's what the place looks like nowadays.

IMG_2222.PNG

person who bought a new car in 66 if still alive would be at least late 70 or early 80s in age

From what I can find, the house was sold in 1993.

If you had a first name, you might be able to put it all together, but the name Baker is fairly common. Given that someone buying a new Chrysler in 1966 would most likely at least be in their forties, your chances of finding the original owner alive and well are pretty slim.

I found information by googling the person and obituary. Usually the local papers have old archives of obituaries, which are generally pretty detailed with family members. If the they had kids you can then google their name and you might get lucky and find a son or daughter. Good luck on the search.

The original owner of my car had 7 kids and only one still lived in the same town, but I did all the searching with google.

I had fun with my CertiCard I found next the the battery on my '66 Fury you see to the left. It has her full first name, middle initial and of course, her last name and address. I Googled the address of the original owner who died before I could get a chance to talk to her. I'm not sure how old she was. She died in 1993, but I will still track down a child of hers if I can, to get some background and/or pics of her and the car for display when I take it to car shows.

What was the purpose of the CeritCard and why dont they use them anymore? My '67 still has one too, I may have to take another look at it for fun.

What was the purpose of the CeritCard and why dont they use them anymore? My '67 still has one too, I may have to take another look at it for fun.
They used it to identify the owner and delivery date for the 5/50 warranty program. There's no need for anything like that anymore with the internet.

Back