charger makes 25 foot jump in detroit

It's a conspiracy to reduce the supply and increase prices :rolleyes: or just another example of the demo derby/monster truck crowd getting their jollies :p.

25'? more like 150', stunt designed for a nose in impact.
Lower the height, add a parabolic entry and go for distance.

Alan

Did not watch video no need to push up their self gratification by increasing their views #. But look at the crowd of a holes standing with a bunch of others to watch a car fly through the air. Something you could do in your living room on the comfort of your couch and no fellow mouth breathers. This is why society is a bunch of lemmings they think something is going to go wrong and they will get to see it, nothing is going to go wrong the DA behind the wheel might as be wrapped like a Chinese vase in bubble wrap, he will jump out and take a bow that's when a second car should be dropped on his *** enacting revenge for all the other cars previously destroyed. Now there is a ending to talk about.

6-20-Robbery.jpg

I am surprised they let so many people that close to the landing area,... Then again, maybe I'm not.

at least downtown Detroit looked good.

driver was from Ohio - probably roots for Ohio State too. :poke:

Hail to the Victors. Go Blue!! :D

Meh, that thing is just a rot-box shell. Even the tailght panel was airbrushed sheetmetal. I'm not losing any sleep. They probably rebuild it with AMD China sheetmetal.

You do think they'd Learn to weld the doors like the real Dukes.

Bonus points for not puss'n out on the Confed flags, lol.

They could've used Mustangs for that idiotic tv show instead, but no. Arseholes.

Reminds me of the jump @ the end of the original Gone in 60 Seconds....the one that screwed Halicki's back/neck up for the rest of his life......although that appeared to be quite a bit longer than this one. Totally useless one here.

The best line in that movie was "I should have read my horoscope today."

What i see is just more lack of Respect & appreciation for History. The idea of everything in Modern times, Including cars, is everything should be Disposable. Cheaper to Throw away then rebuild. Let's see a Modern car withstand the test of time like a Model-T Can. A Classic (regardless of Condition) got destroyed all in the sake of a few seconds of Click bait, Visual stimulation.

This being in America, land of lawsuits, I'm amazed there was no attention paid to safety, people could have walked next to the ramp - no barrier to prevent them, nor anything along that road, car could have crashed into the nearby buildings.

Another car lost for what?

Here is an example where we may have rushed to pass judgment, from what I read, the car they used was beyond saving, and that statement came from someone who runs a Mopar restoration shop.

I'm as much an old fart as the rest of you but frankly I'm surprised by the amount of sadness over the loss of another B-body k-frame and some front end sheet metal. Do you really think they used a restorable car? As I am told by people who saw the car (but not the jump) it's basically a duct-taped together roll cage that looks like a Charger. One said the body panels looked like hand-formed sheetmetal. And, they just keep rebuilding the same car.

You want to get kids to pay attention to something besides iPhones? Well I bet nobody in that crowd was reading a celebri-tard twitter feed when that car flew by!

This brings back some great 80s memories for me... granted it could have ended badly, but I'll guarantee no one involved couldn't figure out which HS bathroom to use. Thank God we had VHS cameras in the 80s so there is video evidence of the world before it became so damn safe!

They could've used Mustangs for that idiotic tv show instead, but no. Arseholes.

The show was about good ol' boys runnin moonshine and shooting at things with dynamite sticks taped to arrows. It wasn't about secretaries late for work, thus a Charger was cast instead of a Mustang.

Was at Cobo for the Autorama on friday, but did not see the jump nor did I care to see it. Just a waste of a car that could have been brought back to life. A lot of nice cars inside though. Love the rat rod folks and their rides.........

Back