CHiPS then & now

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
6D831113-81CB-4D86-8E50-F002F5D8BADE.jpeg

They held up pretty good considering its been about 35 years. However, part of the fun in that show was the gorgeous backgrounds. Lots of cool cars in traffic, cool buildings, etc.

What I've seen of LA on recent trips is acres of ugly cars that I'd gladly fed to a crusher and miles of trashy strip malls right out of the 3rd world. The beaches were homeless camps, not places where Ponch and John could land their hang-gliders. And if they did rescue a girl on the beach, it's probably a dude in drag.

Pass on the reboot.

It was a cool show in its day and they guys aged pretty damn good. Looks like they both have their health which means the world.

For 35 years they have aged well. Carmen that sucks about the beaches, never been there. I did go to Hawaii, I guess back in 2012, and Honolulu was the same. The homeless were everywhere. Hardly what you saw on Magnum PI.

They held up pretty good considering its been about 35 years. However, part of the fun in that show was the gorgeous backgrounds. Lots of cool cars in traffic, cool buildings, etc.

What I've seen of LA on recent trips is acres of ugly cars that I'd gladly fed to a crusher and miles of trashy strip malls right out of the 3rd world. The beaches were homeless camps, not places where Ponch and John could land their hang-gliders. And if they did rescue a girl on the beach, it's probably a dude in drag.

Pass on the reboot.
Right next to Marina Del Rey where Ponch lived is Venice Beach. The biggest freak show in the country.

Back