CHP Training film- '61 Dodge

I had the second generation of films mostly from "Motorola" when I went to recruit school in 1983.

WOW - seems kinda intense from a casual watcher, but I guess they really needed to train the officers to be careful. Almost like watching an old film noir. Lots of nice MOPARS in it, too!

THANKS for posting.

:soapbox:

These training videos are grim but absolutely necessary and always will be so the next time you're pulled over, please recognize that the officer is potentially risking his life with each traffic stop. If more people understood the training and stress involved in that situation, they'd be more tolerant of a hard *** cop. It comes with the job and is necessary to establish the proper atmosphere to stay alive. Remember, most of the people they deal with are or have committed a crime.

CHP, The Newhall Incident - The Newhall Incident
1986 FBI Miami Shootout - https://vault.fbi.gov/FBI Miami Shooting 4-11-86 /Miami Shooting 4-11-86 Part 1 of 11
PSP Corporal Joseph R. Pokorny Jr. - Corporal Joseph R Pokorny Jr
Saxonburg PA Police Chief Gregory B. Adams - Chief of Police Gregory B. Adams

This is not meant to infer that the officers involved in the shootouts did or did not exerciser proper training techniques, it's simply to demonstrate that regardless of training, size or location of department, officers can and are attacked and need to be properly trained and ever vigilant to survive.

Back