Chrysler Dog dish 1966-1968,

hasak

Reaction score
I´m i search of 2 "dog dish" to my Chrysler Newport 1966. Mopar # 2768043.

If anyone can sell to me or give me an hint of where to find them to reasonable prices .

I´ve checked Ebay but these sellers are to expensive for me.

Willing to pay up to 70 US dollar a piece, If they are in good condition.

Br/ Hans
Dog dish.jpg

Never even knew these existed, and I've seen a lot of "dogdish" or "poverty caps".

Deep dish, classy, beautiful.

It's best to buy all 4 caps as a set - assuming they are a set and not cobbled together - so that they match in age and appearance.

Most caps are dented, pitted, overcleaned with brillo pads, or they are out of round, lip damaged in areas from installation/removal with improper tools, etc.

Pay what it takes to buy a nice set. Pay more = live/feel better ;]

The bitterness of low quality is remembered long after the happiness of low price.

Last edited:
My folks had poverty caps on their '65 Newport they bought new. Didn't look like that.

Never even knew these existed, and I've seen a lot of "dogdish" or "poverty caps".

Deep dish, classy, beautiful.

It's best to buy all 4 caps as a set - assuming they are a set and not cobbled together - so that they match in age and appearance.

Most caps are dented, pitted, overcleaned with brillo pads, or they are out of round, lip damaged in areas from installation/removal with improper tools, etc.

Pay what it takes to buy a nice set. Pay more = live/feel better ;]

The bitterness of low quality is remembered long after the happiness of low price.
I was lucky to buy 2 of them here i Sweden that where NOS for 85 dollar, but Ok, I´ll try to find the best offer and buy them even if it hurts ;-)

Back