CHRYSLER Dual Ghia L 6.4 Coupe, metallic dark red model car

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
American Excellence - Diecast Model Cars. 100 % Diecast. All Brands. All Scales

diecast_modelcar_bos-models_chrysler_dual+ghia+l+6.4+coupe_193750_big.jpg

Nice.

And for those with deep pockets, there will be a 1:1 scale model for sale at Monterey, on friday the 18th. A black one, number 02 of 26 total.

Another project sold recently
( went to Detroit) anyone know the new owner?

Agreed; coolest thing on the planet in '62.
I have been able to track down nine of them, plus the yellow prototype. It would be nice to learn a little more of that 'Detroit car'.

Last edited:
Fiat 2300 S Ghia coupe; the more affordable one with the Dual Ghia inspired roofline.
It's on my bucket list, but way down it will probably never happen.

2100ghfw1.jpg

The light blue "Lucille Ball car" is #0318, i.e. #18.
The maroon one with the red interior is #0319, i.e. #19.
The gorgeous blue one is the "Bernie Berman car", #305, i.e. fifth one made.
The "Sinatra car" of course is the first production model made, #301.

There are seven more that I know of. One of them in Finland, one in Sweden. I know of five black ones, the Azure blue (Berman car), the light blue one (Lucille Ball car), three maroon ones, and a canary yellow prototype.
Sixteen of them have supposedly survived, so five are missing from my spreadsheet. Plus the ten that have been lost.

"The windshield is from a 1961 New Yorker..." What else is from a 1961 Chrysler? I bet the whole floorboard, along with the front and rear axles. As well as the engine and tranny, of course.

The overall design has more than a passing resemblance with the 1954 Ford Cougar Experimental car, that was designed by one John R. Samsen:

1954 Ford Cougar Experimental.jpg

Profiilikuva.jpg

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be a bad angle to view those cars from.:wideyed:

NOW I know where that '61 Plymouth rear end styling came from! Better on this car! And the '65 Bacarruda rear glass/C-pillar, too. These Ghias were great looking cars!

Great youTube video and documentation!! Thanks for posting!

CBODY

Last edited:
Back