WANTED Chrysler Newport 1966 2D hard top rear window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lubie_placki_666

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, I am looking for a rear window/glass for chrysler newport, 1966, 2 dors hard top. Preferably with the old original gasket. Preferred shipping to Poland. Only in good condition.
Contact via PM.

CHRYSLER NEWPORT 66 - SZYBA TYLNA - AUTO KULT CLASSIC CARS (4).jpeg

CHRYSLER NEWPORT 66 - SZYBA TYLNA - AUTO KULT CLASSIC CARS (8).jpeg

Shipping glass to Poland is going to be tough.

You may have to find a freight forwarding service that will put it on a container in the US bound for Europe.

I may have the glass, but I won't have the gasket.

Have you checked to see if the gasket is reproduced?

Jeff

Shipping to Poland is not a problem, it can arrange shipping from the USA to Poland.

The new windshield is unavailable, and the used one is hard to find.
I have new gasket, and it is probably the reason, why my glass has broken, because it is usually too thick.( thats why i'm looking for the used one)

Do You have any pics of glass? You can send it in US?

Matt

Could you take three measurements of the glass for me?

newport glass 2.JPG

I will look for it over the weekend.

As far as I can tell by the photos, it looks like your car doesn't have tinted glass. If I have a window, it will be clear, not tinted.

Jeff

bottom is 63,4 inches(161cm)+/-(pink line) , and 22 inches(56 cm)+/- high.
I had a form somwhere , but i can't find it at this moment, maybe that will help a bit.

And the glass can be clear , thats not a problem for me.
Matt

It's tougher than I thought it would be to ID the glass just based on dimensions.

I can't believe that I didn't mark them when I took them out of the cars.

I found one that may be the correct glass. I need to check the date code in the morning.

Jeff

ok, if you find this glass, please send PM information about the cost of the glass, and shipping (shipping in the USA).

Matt

The date code is in the right range, October 1965, but I'm still not sure if it's the correct glass. The upper corners don't look rounded enough to me.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

I have a real busy schedule this week, so I'm not going to be able to devote much time to it. I should have more time next week. In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a way to better ID the glass. It's either the correct one, or it's out of a 1966 Chrysler sedan. I should be able to narrow it down.

Jeff

ok, if you find out if the glass is 100% correct, let me know about the costs, for me the glass looks similar, but I have nowhere to check if the glass from 4d fits 2d, I do not have access to the catalog or something similar. ( sincerely doubts).

I do not know if there is a difference by a different angle of the rear pillar between 2d and 4d.

matt

2 door and 4 door is different
I'm pretty sure that 66 dodge polara/monaco and 66 fury 2 dr hardtop rear glass is the same as 66 newport 2 dr
66 300 is different.

2 door and 4 door is different
I'm pretty sure that 66 dodge polara/monaco and 66 fury 2 dr hardtop rear glass is the same as 66 newport 2 dr
66 300 is different.

I agree. And 1965 should also be the same, with the addition of the 300.

Jeff

I wish they would have etched a part number into the glass.

Would have made thing so much simpler.

Jeff

from Mitchell crash books

1st picture 1965

2nd picture 1966

N.P. is Newport

2484445 also shows up for 66 Polara/Monaco/Fury also
2481446 also shows up for 66 Polara/Monaco/Fury also

I have all the Mopar part books from 1929-2012 car or truck
plus lots of crash books!

DSCN8430.JPG

DSCN8429.JPG

Last edited:
from Mitchell crash books

1st picture 1966

2nd picture 1965 N.P. is Newport

2484445 also shows up for 66 Polara/Monaco/Fury also
2481446 also shows up for 66 Polara/Monaco/Fury also

I have all the Mopar part books from 1929-2012 car or truck
plus lots of crash books!

View attachment 503148

View attachment 503149
I think you have the 1st pic and 2nd pic descriptions backwards (1st pic is 1965, 2nd pic is 1966). The 2dht roofline was the same for Newport and 300 in 1965, but the 300 had a different roofline in 1966. The first pic says "2dht except NY", while the second pic lists 2dht NY, 300 and NP each with their own part numbers.

The roofline on 66 newport and 300 sure looks the same to me.
The difference that I see is the bottom of newport glass goes almost flush with the dutchman panel and the bottom of the 300 glass is up 2 or 3 inches.
I base this info on a 66 newport and a 66 300 that are side by side in my project car lineup

The roofline on 66 newport and 300 sure looks the same to me.
The difference that I see is the bottom of newport glass goes almost flush with the dutchman panel and the bottom of the 300 glass is up 2 or 3 inches.
I base this info on a 66 newport and a 66 300 that are side by side in my project car lineup
As you noted, the glass is smaller on a 66 300, which means they are not interchangeable, which is what the OP wants to know. Also, there is a crease across the top of the roof on a Newport which is supposed to look like a convertible top bow. That crease is not present on the 300.

I'm back to working on this again.

I sent a message out to a different member to try to help ID the glass I have.

I believe that I found one for sale if the one I have is wrong.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back