Chryslers at Carlisle, the alternates

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well Sunday four of us got together and had a little cruise as well as a pickup. The GTX needed a shakedown run after I rebuilt the carb and replaced all the wiring in the car. Sweet ride with a 440 4spd in it. Those original polyglasses on it suck though, squirrelly all over the road, especially side roads. Oh on a side note, the shifter in this car sucks, just a personal opinion. :p
So Cbody Bob, SauterD, Steve and I went to HWY55 for lunch and had a chow down while discussing the merits of lacing our shoes as opposed to velcro.

Not Carlisle.jpg

Here's another option, for those in the area, the National Chrysler Products Club (NCPC) annual meet is in Grantville, PA (Harrisburg/Hershey area) this Saturday, here's the obligatory link:

https://www.nationalchryslerproductsclub.org/meets/2018-show.pdf

Their show is always the 3rd weekend of July, which I normally pass on since oppressive summer heat nearly always sets in then. Weather forecasts for this weekend though, are actually moderate, and I'll be attending. One could still probably just show up if you haven't registered in advance, so don't let that stop you. When I have attended in the past it has been a nice, varied group of highly original MOPARS, yet my "slightly shabby but well running" Diplomat wagon was given a warm welcome.

For those of us that couldn't enjoy the once-in-a-decade nice weather at Carlisle last weekend (please don't rub it in!), this will make a nice consolation.

Blame Cantflip, he promised to pick us up in the formal of his and drive us all there. :rolleyes:
LOL yea Cantflip was suppose to come down with his camper. We spent hours rehearsing campfire songs. Elvira is my favorite. He was a no show. Now we have all these bags of marshmallows

3538F9EA-0DC9-4258-A9FC-AC586CFDE739.jpeg
F7CC0468-D97A-4FD3-94E2-0A8340803442.jpeg
That GTX does have a bugger of a shifter. 1st is somewhere over by your knee & 3rd is in the glovebox. After you have given up on 3rd you get to go hunt for 1st again. Still a very cool car. I was going to take the D440 down & all of us go cruse a bit. When Gary called & said my Cuda was ready I decided to take the trailer & pick it up.

If the shifter in that '69 is original it shouldn't be too bad.. Yes, a bit of a throw
but should be able to find gears easy.. If it is worn excessively then have is rebuilt.
Sadly the original warranty is no longer valid as the company who made it no longer..

362380A4-E144-445D-99FB-7E477A69666E.jpeg
If the shifter in that '69 is original it shouldn't be too bad.. Yes, a bit of a throw
but should be able to find gears easy.. If it is worn excessively then have is rebuilt.
Sadly the original warranty is no longer valid as the company who made it no longer..
It has Hurst on it & doesn’t feel worn out. I have an old Super Stock magizine where Ronnie Sox tested a 383 4 speed Road Runner 1968 & he struggled with the shifter. Missed 3rd several times. This thing is curved wrong.

Blame Cantflip, he promised to pick us up in the formal of his and drive us all there. :rolleyes:
LOL yea Cantflip was suppose to come down with his camper. We spent hours rehearsing campfire songs. Elvira is my favorite. He was a no show. Now we have all these bags of marshmallows
:lol:Sorry guys...

Next year I will be sure to keep plenty of space for you guy's in the trunk... It'll still beat flying for legroom.:thankyou:

I really should credit Will... @bluefury361 ... If he hadn't helped me refocus Tuesday evening, I might have missed altogether... also, I had gas... I had a lighter... the pop up was dangerously close to permanent retirement.

I know this guy in North Carolina that missed being there this year but he'll be there next July and will be lookin' for ah roomy to split the rent with. MINTS ON THE PILLOW BTW, Brakefest, booze and dinner on sight + two milez from gate 3. Yeah I'm ah woose, Jer

I'll be there again in 2019 @B 54-57 and my red roof inn in a bag. Catch me early as once the beer kicks in I'm down for the count (ask Can'tflip)

Well Sunday four of us got together and had a little cruise as well as a pickup. The GTX needed a shakedown run after I rebuilt the carb and replaced all the wiring in the car. Sweet ride with a 440 4spd in it. Those original polyglasses on it suck though, squirrelly all over the road, especially side roads. Oh on a side note, the shifter in this car sucks, just a personal opinion. :p
So Cbody Bob, SauterD, Steve and I went to HWY55 for lunch and had a chow down while discussing the merits of lacing our shoes as opposed to velcro.

View attachment 199280
You interested Scott? Start a conversation and we'll work out the details. It sure beatz the hell out of Morehead or Fargo in January. I spent a whole frickin' week there one weekend in '78 on the way to Regina. Couldn't cross the border or deliver on the weekend and Minot waz ah poor option to Morehead. La Cross hit -67 actual that weekend, the two cityz mentioned above only hit -41 plus 25 MPH wind = -95 and they were rathioning #1 to 25 gallons every 24 hourz. Your tire cutz in the drifts across the fuel island would close before you could pump it in. Fun Timez, Jer

View attachment 199284 View attachment 199285 That GTX does have a bugger of a shifter. 1st is somewhere over by your knee & 3rd is in the glovebox. After you have given up on 3rd you get to go hunt for 1st again. Still a very cool car. I was going to take the D440 down & all of us go cruse a bit. When Gary called & said my Cuda was ready I decided to take the trailer & pick it up.
Cool Bob, If that Lil' cutty iz ah '65 I'm gonna cry. Hard to tell for sure in its presant state. I looked for ah '65 4 spd. Backarruda to drop ah /6 and + 3 webers in for over 20 yearz and never found even one whimper, whimper

Cool Bob, If that Lil' cutty iz ah '65 I'm gonna cry. Hard to tell for sure in its presant state. I looked for ah '65 4 spd. Backarruda to drop ah /6 and + 3 webers in for over 20 yearz and never found even one whimper, whimper
The one I just picked from Gary is a 66. It is for sale

Thanks Bob but the '66 has a completely different "nose" as you well know. I have no clue if the '64 or '65 Noses would swap on or not. HUMMM, something to think about I suppose. Iz it ah Formula "S"? AAARERRGGGHHHH THE SICKNESS WHIMPER WHIMPER. How complete and how bad do you not wanna sell it? lol, Jer

Thanks Bob but the '66 has a completely different "nose" as you well know. I have no clue if the '64 or '65 Noses would swap on or not. HUMMM, something to think about I suppose. Iz it ah Formula "S"? AAARERRGGGHHHH THE SICKNESS WHIMPER WHIMPER. How complete and how bad do you not wanna sell it? lol, Jer
I repaired and took off the 65 nose he had on it, but yes the 65 nose is a bolt on, all of which he has. You guys might be able to do a deal. Plus the car is almost totally complete, but not a Formula S.

Back