WANTED Cigarette lighter Monaco '65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt62

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for the cigarette lighter for the rear passengers. The one located on the rear part of the center console. The assembly is there but no lighter !

I might have, can you post a pic?

59793466_435957310308962_5189093089465073664_n.jpg

I’ll check my stash.

Matt, I'm not sure that pic shows the correct lighter in the rear ashtray. It looks like the standard front unit which may well be too tall to fit under the sliding cover on the rear try. Mine has a much different, (shorter), knob on the rear lighter.

Matt, I'm not sure that pic shows the correct lighter in the rear ashtray. It looks like the standard front unit which may well be too tall to fit under the sliding cover on the rear try. Mine has a much different, (shorter), knob on the rear lighter.
I do have shorter ones from the mid ‘60s Imperials too.

Okay, a little fact check. The standard front lighter knob will not fit under the cover when closed. It's possible they made a shorter version of that one for the rear but if so, I don't recall ever seeing one.
upload_2019-5-6_12-0-19.png

The two I'm used to seeing, side by side.
upload_2019-5-6_12-2-36.png

And a top view to show the design on what I *think* is an original rear cigar lighter.
upload_2019-5-6_12-3-36.png

Okay, a little fact check. The standard front lighter knob will not fit under the cover when closed. It's possible they made a shorter version of that one for the rear but if so, I don't recall ever seeing one.
View attachment 283837
The two I'm used to seeing, side by side.
View attachment 283838
And a top view to show the design on what I *think* is an original rear cigar lighter.
View attachment 283839

The one on the picture is a front one. I tried mine but effectively it doesn't fit under the cover when closed. I would like to find an original one ribbed on the side.

Thank you for your time and patience
Ok, well you see what I have so if you can’t find one you think is original I have some that’ll work pictured above.

I would like to find an original one ribbed on the side.
Good luck - I've never seen a short one with the ribbed sides as on the front, longer units. The one I showed was the one in the console when I yanked it many moons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back