Cleaning up my EB watch list...

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought someone may find some amusement here, or even a "find".

The key to watch is that they have leads... otherwise you can't really test anything but the ability to power on.

Nice scope
SNAP-ON MT3000 Counselor II Digital Diagnostics Scope/Accessories | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Worked with one of these... excellent
Ford Rotunda Engine Analyzer | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Also excellent
sun electric mea 1500 automotive engine analyzer #sun #snapon #auto #analyzer | eBay
s-l500.jpg

Worked with something similar, 12 volt powered is perfect for these
Rare Rite Autotronics Model 7100 Automotive Oscilloscope Engine Analyzer, USA | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

No personal experience, but several here like these
Vintage Heathkit Solid State Ignition Analyzer Model CO-1015 Read Description | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

I sold one at Carlisle too cheap I suppose... @bluefury361, still no regrets.
1971 72 A & B BODY Blue Steering Wheel MOPAR Dodge Plymouth Chrysler 3575267 | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

And WTF... try to find weatherstrips for a Formal...
1950 -1965 METRO VAN WEATHERSTRIP KIT | eBay
s-l1600.png

I must have seen a half a dozen of those hood ornaments at the swap meet last weekend and I’m pretty sure none of them were 75 bucks.

LOL I buy sun test equipment all the time to restore, e bay is really dangerous just scored this gem on e bay though.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

The problem with the Heathkit stuff is it started life as a kit. It was a mail ordered box of components that you soldered together. While it wasn't rocket surgery, you still had to be able to follow directions and solder well enough to assemble the kit correctly. So... It's a crap shoot on how good the guy was that built it. The upside is they are easy to work on and repair.

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

My Dad had a few Heathkit meters that he built.... But my brother built a large console Heathkit color TV.

My Dad had a few Heathkit meters that he built.... But my brother built a large console Heathkit color TV.

Brings back memories, I was a Heathkit fan years ago. When I lived in Mississauga (now a burb of Toronto) the Heathkit store was just down the road so I spent a lot of time checking them out. When the first full size cabinet color TV was introduced, about 1973, I went nuts, bought the TV for I think about $900 and then bought the big floor console wooden cabinet. This was the first knob less computerized GR-2000 space age TV to hit the market. It featured a pullout side drawer chassis which you had to roll out to impress your friends. LOL At the time it really was state of the art and very well designed in that virtually every customer was able to build a working TV.
We used that TV for about 15 years before the CRT got so faded even the kids complained. That first TV was designed by Schlumberger, later models were by Heathkit and weren't nearly as well designed.

3259562858_ee79413f64_z.jpg

$_57.jpg

Brings back memories, I was a Heathkit fan years ago. When I lived in Mississauga (now a burb of Toronto) the Heathkit store was just down the road so I spent a lot of time checking them out. When the first full size cabinet color TV was introduced, about 1973, I went nuts, bought the TV for I think about $900 and then bought the big floor console wooden cabinet. This was the first knob less computerized GR-2000 space age TV to hit the market. It featured a pullout side drawer chassis which you had to roll out to impress your friends. LOL At the time it really was state of the art and very well designed in that virtually every customer was able to build a working TV.
We used that TV for about 15 years before the CRT got so faded even the kids complained. That first TV was designed by Schlumberger, later models were by Heathkit and weren't nearly as well designed.

View attachment 157437

View attachment 157438
IIRC, his was an early model too.

I remember him saying that it wasn't too hard to assemble, but that stuff came very easy to him, so I never knew how hard it would have been for a regular person to do. He was a pretty smart guy, even had a couple patents, one for a RF signal protection circuit and one for a signal combiner/divider.

At the time I had worked a few years as an Electronic Technologist and had just graduated as an EE so found the kit very straight forward and well thought out. The only weakness, all the little circuit boards plugged onto the main chassis using rudimentary a male/female pin/clip that had to be individually soldered in place. These were very susceptible to oxidization. It became an annual thing to unplug all the boards and clean the pins and tighten the female sides.

3269682461_b7abc78268.jpg

The IC sockets were also susceptible to oxidization, no gold plated pins here. LOL

I built this Heathkit clock as a 7th grade shop class project. It's been plugged in since since 1980 and still going strong.

IMG_5374.JPG

My Father was a big Heathkit guy. TV's, radios, and amateur radio equipment. We even built a Heath/Zenith personal computer back around '80 or '81.

Jeff

Any one into the old cb's, I was a addict. CB name Striper Swiper! Around Long Island.

Altair 8800. My first computer.

complt1.jpg

Sinclair ZX. My second computer. Moving up...

Sinclair_ZX81_Setup_PhotoManipped.jpg

#3. By leaps and bounds.

Ibm_pc_5150-1024x951.jpg

Current. And hopefully not last.

Lenovo+yoga+tablet+10+.jpg

Last edited:
For WIW, every scope I listed was at a good price point and had the appearance of operating correctly with minimal BS.

As @halifaxhops pointed out, EB ads are not to be trusted... nor is truck shipping such delicate equipment.

I have had great experience shipping these machine through Fastenall, have shipped to me around ten so far no issues and usually around 100. I have all sorts, from handheld meters, old motor testers, three scopes, really like them. Prob do a big selloff at Carlisle this year along with a bunch of distributors. There are great deals out there on them right now seems all of the older generation that used them are dying off and they are being sold because the younger generations do not know how to use them, tell you what as previously stated you cannot beat a scope for troubleshooting.

DSC02022.JPG

DSC01952.JPG

DSC01785.JPG

I have had great experience shipping these machine through Fastenall, have shipped to me around ten so far no issues and usually around 100. I have all sorts, from handheld meters, old motor testers, three scopes, really like them. Prob do a big selloff at Carlisle this year along with a bunch of distributors. There are great deals out there on them right now seems all of the older generation that used them are dying off and they are being sold because the younger generations do not know how to use them, tell you what as previously stated you cannot beat a scope for troubleshooting.
View attachment 157533
I have one of these, bought the top half from my co-worker and the bottom half is still here at work, we use it as a work bench.

Nick

Years ago it seems like I saw this unit in the service bay of every gas station around.
And in all that time, I never saw one person use it.

dsc01785-jpg.jpg

Back