Cleaning up the inside!

68bbwagon

Reaction score
image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (3).jpgimage (4).jpgimage.jpg
Decided to take out the headliner in my car since it was sagging. Saw some surface rust on the car and I started taking apart the rest of the interior and started to put some P.O.R. 15 on it. Some photos of what I have done so far.

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

image.jpg

It shouldn't be ignored, that's for sure.

Yeah I pulled back the carpet a little bit and the floors are already pretty rusty. And theres a leak around the door seals letting the water in. So thats on the agenda next.

Yeah I pulled back the carpet a little bit and the floors are already pretty rusty. And theres a leak around the door seals letting the water in. So thats on the agenda next.

I'll have to keep that in mind when I replace the carpet and seats in my NYB.

That por stuff is awesome! Today I got the seats out and all the interior trim out. Tomorrow I'm gonna get it all prepped and start putting some more por down.

How much of that stuff did you get in your hair while doing the roof? Be honest. lol.

photo (1).jpgphoto.jpg Floor pans after getting all the carpet out. I guess they arent to bad for a 45 year old car. A few holes to fill in before I P.O.R. them and put insulation down.

photo (1).jpg

photo.jpg

Wow. As one said here they are getting their next car from out west. When I took my carpet out, to clean and re-dye, my entire floor was still clean with all the white paint fully intact. Just loose debris to vacuum plus some coins and various fasteners to pick up. The guys on the assembly line were sloppy.

Yeah, I found a bunch of used clips under my carpet and various screws and about 3 bucks in loose change haha. My car was sitting outside in a field for 7 years before it was rescued, so I guess the floors arent that bad. And I'm going to look at that!

POR has always worked good for me. Just clean up the spot with a wirebrush and hit it with some wax and grease remover. I use the gloss black and it comes to almost mirror finish. No brush strokes or anything.

Just a FYI. I used sea salt mixed with baby oil to help rub the POR off. Came off sooner than letting it wear off. Glad that part of the restoration is over.

You're going to have to let that stuff ware off your skin. I started using this stuff instead of POR.
http://www.rustbullet.com/

I've found a product called DOM 16, up here, made by Dominion Sure Seal, their head quarters is a 45 minute drive from me, it's half the price of POR 15 and works exactly the same in my experience.

, so I guess the floors arent that bad.

Your floors were VERY good. Wanna talk bad floors, talk to me, LOL

Nick

There ended up being 6 holes that I got to fix. I already got the patch panels made up and got the spaces cut out. Just decided to call it a night and finish some schoolwork, so I'm gonna get up tomorrow and finish em up. I'll post some pics.

Never cared for POR-15. Granted the one place I tried it out was on the deck of a ship and that spot rusted back within 15 months. Couldn't hold out against standing water in the rainy season. Did use Eastwood's rust converter and rust encapsulator which is still holding up 3 years later. If I were going to use a paint then I would use Zero Rust myself. In the end I prefer to use a wire brush, on a rotary grinder, to get as much off and then hit with Corroseal. That would be top coated with a primer depending on application of either a car or a ship.

http://zerorustusa.com/colors.html

Back