Clear front turn signal lenses??

Golden Banana

Reaction score
With the increasing amount of BS here in England regarding lights/regulations our yearly 'MOT' test, the test requires us to have 'clear' lens
on the first pull of the light switch at the front turn signals!! (or at least white lights) its a load of utter crap but I was wondering if there were
clear lens offered for my 71Newport???

On a similar note we aren't supposed to have 'red' rear flashers either after 1964 cars!!.....ridiculous when you concider my 63 Rambler station wagon is ok with its teeny tiny rear light offerings and my 71 Newport is a no no with double bulbs going at it on a foot long light unit!!!! :rant:

nothing wrong with clear lenses or no red rear side markers

it was just detroit that once messed up, even the steering wheel is on the wrong side :ban:

you'll have the parts numbers by a pm

So weird these regulations. Being from the US and liking cars at a very young age, I took a dislike to yellow flashers/turn signals in the rear as soon as I saw them. For me, red only in the rear, could never own the other. Cars born with red should be grandfathered in rather than butcher in some amber lense. JMO rant over. BTW so cool that you have a C over there!! MPJ

I hate the bs too moparjohn and ive tucked in amber led lights behind the tail light lenses so you dont know they are there till you use them, its that or a fail come inspection! I have a 72 Newport as well as my 71.......and a 70 scheduled to ship later this year! Ur rights Its greeaaat!! Having c bodies here.....or anywhere for that matter.....rant appreciated!

Thank God I live in PA. My cars are registered antique. Anything 25 years or older qualifies. And no more yearly inspections!. Sounds like BS. The feds are the ones who dictate safety requirements your older cars should be grandfathered in. My 67 Imperial doesn't have shoulder belts.. What am I supposed to do , drill holes in the roof to mount them!

Back