WANTED Clutch Pedal Assembly for '65 - '68 C Body (power brakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTMoparfan65

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a clutch pedal assembly to fit a '68 Chrysler 300 with power brakes. I know they're practically "Unobtanimum", but perhaps a member has a set sitting on the shelf collecting dust? I've already gathered all the other parts to swap in a 4 speed and just need the pedals.

I am aware that automatic-equipped cars typically didn't have the pilot bushing hole drilled in the crank, but I'm willing to cut off the trans input shaft slightly, and use the roller bearing in the torque converter hub.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Make sure the pedals are for a power brake car.
Also, do you have the
1. Clutch pedal to Z-bar rod
2. The correct Z-bar
3. Firewall grommet for the rod
4. Frame bracket for the Z-bar. It is welded to the Stub Frame. Also the fender needs to be removed to attach it.
5. The transmission tunnel 4 speed hump.

The pedal swap is certainly going to cause some spinal and neck injuries as you finesse you hands under the A/C dash while standing on your head.

Linkage

Also, do you have the
2. The correct Z-bar
4. Frame bracket for the Z-bar. It is welded to the Stub Frame. Also the fender needs to be removed to attach it.

The pedal swap is certainly going to cause some spinal and neck injuries as you finesse you hands under the A/C dash while standing on your head.

I'm going to skip dealing with all the mechanical BS and use a hydraulic throw-out bearing. I recently upgraded another car after reaching my tolerance limit with worn out mechanical linkage, and sprung for the hydraulic setup which worked great. For $600 it's worth it to me.

To be honest you will probably be cheaper, and easier to make your own pedal assembly. I would use a manual pedal set-up from a 80-93 Dodge ram truck, then cut, modify and build brackets, shaft, and pedal arm(s) and pads to suite.

In all the years I have been looking at 65-68 C-body pedals I have only seen pictures of 2 power brake cars. And they were complete drivers. Never seen a PB pedal assembly for sale on it's own.

F#$@ !!!!!!!!!! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Why wasn't that kit around when I did the NYB??? :rant:

I had to fabricate, mx n match, and modify from A to Z, everything from pedals to TO bearing. And there it is in one box.

I suggest modifying 70 -80s Jeep pedals.

When you say "modify", does that mean grafting the Jeep pedals into the original 300 pedal frame? Or do you modify the Jeep assembly to bolt under the dash on the 300? I have a set of pedals for an A-Body and another for a B-Body so I wonder if I could modify one of them to work? Thanks.

When you say "modify", does that mean grafting the Jeep pedals into the original 300 pedal frame? Or do you modify the Jeep assembly to bolt under the dash on the 300? I have a set of pedals for an A-Body and another for a B-Body so I wonder if I could modify one of them to work? Thanks.
I don't know about Jeep pedals but i seem to remember someone had a B-body set of pedals for sale once that were modified to fit a c-body.

I had to convert a '76 New Yorker. In that car, the brake pedal assy. is part of the dash support.
Had to scab a jeep brake and clutch pedal assy. to the existing dash support in a Frankenstein sort of way.

Trans Hump

Also, do you have the
2. The correct Z-bar

This morning I hit the local wrecking yard (2 miles away) and got the trans hump that I need for my '68 Chrysler 300 4 speed conversion. Bonus is that the floor section also has console mounts that I can use. Even better was that the yard guy did all the labor to cut it out for me! I think the donor car was a '65 Fury that still has the 383 4 BBL in it. The trans, bellhousing, flywheel, and pedals are long gone, but the steering column is still there. Sadly it's damaged from being pried on to remove the steering wheel.

Trans Hump and Console Mounts (3).jpgTrans Hump and Console Mounts (1).jpgTrans Hump and Console Mounts (2).jpg

Trans Hump and Console Mounts (3).jpg

Trans Hump and Console Mounts (1).jpg

Trans Hump and Console Mounts (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back