CNY, 01-04-19

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
Central NY, January 4th, mid 40's, sun shining, salt washed off the roads by recent rains, what the hell, take a ride!
IMG_2747.JPG

Went to shop today and actually got couple things done..
50 degrees... Garage door open all day....

i would be driving mine more often but, it's sitting at the body shop waiting for more rust removal work

Sunny day and the top's up? Does the heater work?

Nice car!
CBODY67

Sunny day and the top's up? Does the heater work?

Nice car!
CBODY67
Thanks it's not that warm, lol, and the heater does work. I actually thought about dropping the top but when it's cold it's a hell of a time to get it latched again. Original top and it's shrunk a bit over the years. Probably run errands again with it today, not as warm but still nice.

Thanks it's not that warm, lol, and the heater does work. I actually thought about dropping the top but when it's cold it's a hell of a time to get it latched again. Original top and it's shrunk a bit over the years. Probably run errands again with it today, not as warm but still nice.
It's 33 here in Marcellus... Not convertible weather for me, even with the top up.

Reason I asked was that many years ago, a friend's sister's BF showed up with a '72 Cutlass convertible. It was about 32 degrees and we went riding around in THAT weather with the top down, coats on, of course. I was somewhat amazed at how comfortable it was driving around town. Heater on "full" too. Not something that would seem appropriate in all cases, though.

I understand the convertible top condition being a determining factor is how much it's put up and down.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

It's 33 here in Marcellus... Not convertible weather for me, even with the top up.
This is why I never understand soft top Jeeps, the newer ones have good heaters, but the old CJ's with a soft top :realcrazy: and guy's here will drive them through the winter.

I was out again yesterday, not as warm as Friday but still sunny. I came across this on the west side of Syracuse in the parking lot of a bar. The owner of the car & bar are the same, I went in, he'd gone out but I talked to his wife. Says he drives it most every day, an original hemi car. Dinged in nose and rust on the quarters and all.
superbird1.JPG

I was out again yesterday, not as warm as Friday but still sunny. I came across this on the west side of Syracuse in the parking lot of a bar. The owner of the car & bar are the same, I went in, he'd gone out but I talked to his wife. Says he drives it most every day, an original hemi car. Dinged in nose and rust on the quarters and all.View attachment 243047
He lives in Baldwinsville and the car sits in front of his house on Downer St, near Rt 48. It gets a little more beat up every time I see it.

What bar?

I was out again yesterday, not as warm as Friday but still sunny. I came across this on the west side of Syracuse in the parking lot of a bar. The owner of the car & bar are the same, I went in, he'd gone out but I talked to his wife. Says he drives it most every day, an original hemi car. Dinged in nose and rust on the quarters and all.View attachment 243047
I wonder how many offers he gets for the car every week.:rolleyes:

Back