Cold War Motors epic live feed on youtube...

C-Sick

Reaction score
Scott is doing a live feed on youtube, first time ever and has been going for over 5 hours now. Apparently he started the live feed by accident, meaning to do a Patreon chat.

Never heard of Cold War Motors.
Don't know who this Scott is.
What's a Patreon?

Patreon is an American membership platform that provides business tools for content creators to run a subscription service.
It helps creators and artists earn a monthly income by providing rewards and perks to their subscribers. Wikipedia

More so,, who in the hell is gonna listen to that for over five freakin' hours.....

Never heard of Cold War Motors.
Don't know who this Scott is.
What's a Patreon?

Cold War Motors is a YouTube channel that covers quite a wide range of interests in classic cars with some side subjects like classic snow mobiles, vintage cigarette lighters, vintage tires and more. Scott is the main guy behind it all, and is the one shown in the above photo. He's a mopar guy, but also has a heavy interest in orphan makes and Citroen cars. The channel got it's start rescuing derelict cars from junkyards and fields around Alberta, Canada. Over time the show got heavier into restoration work. Scott is a metal fabricating master and can make just about anything from scratch when needed. Probably the biggest accomplishment on the show is the restoration of a 1960 Fury coupe that was rescued from a muddy horse pasture. The car was a rotted mess and they ended up grafting the coupe body onto the floor and frame of a 1960 Dodge sedan. They recently did an amazing 1970's style custom paint job of a Ford van.

The show is not for everybody, but there's likely something of interest in each show for anyone interested in vintage cars. Since it's on YouTube, it's easy to watch the parts that interest you and fast forward through the stuff that doesn't. The quality of the show has been improving steadily as the years go by. Earlier shows could be very repetitive and drift along without much direction at times.

The Boogie Van:
cold war motors 1.JPG

The 1960 Fury:
cold war motors 2.JPG

Some of the rescued junkers:
cold war motors 3.JPG

Here's a typical episode if you want to check it out. It's got it's slow parts and action parts, some metal fab, a visit with a vintage Ferrari, and viewer mail.

Patreon is a service you can use to get some income off your efforts to produce a YouTube channel. There was a time that the advertisements would pay decent money, but YouTube changed their payment algorithms years ago, and since then you need hundreds of thousands of views combined with commercial interruptions every five minutes to make any money off of the adds. Scott cuts out many of the adds that YouTube automatically inserts into the videos and relies instead on the money from Patreon subscribers to support the channel. The hundreds of names that scroll by at the end are the Patreon people.

Jeff

I never got to the live feed. I had as backlog of two shows that was two hours lost sleep and I just noticed my clock is wrong in my truck. So spring forward must have got another hour. Hello monday.

I am long time subscriber to CWM (as well)! I discovered the live stream two hours into it. Had it running in the background while working in the garage, but had to leave it when it passed midnight in my time zone.

I will admit I sometimes (Ok, often..) dream of living like Scott in stead of my typical house with one car garage in suburbia and a 9-5 job.

@C-Sick : Are you one of the featured characters/agents "in cognito" here on the forum? I see you could be local.

I'd be what you call a bit player, rather than a regular. I've been in a few episodes, and spent a few weekends there helping out where I could. I donated a '59 Nash to the Cold War Motors lot a couple of years ago.

My work hours make it tough to get out there. Scott is about 15 minutes away from me...

A day at Coyote auto salvage, aka Claytons.

Scott dubbed me "Agent 5759"

Well I'm not sure if the trophy Jim got was just for the track day or if that was overall winter beater challenge.
If that was the overall win then Myles was robbed.
He by far and away dominated winter beater.

Huge fan of CWM. I'd love to hang with these guys sometime.

Deans greasy flips is always a laugh.

Meh... most live chats are just ooopffff, it's amazing the chatters that (have to feel special?) super chat to get their text noticed. Do they know that YouTube takes 20% of the Super Chats? From what I've seen at a quick glance of some live stream SuperChats is that the channel can make over $100 an hour just by running their mouth to their fam/fans :realcrazy: :rolleyes:.

Personally I'd rather watch the live feed of the Iceland Volcano.... mesmerizing.

I'd be what you call a bit player, rather than a regular. I've been in a few episodes, and spent a few weekends there helping out where I could. I donated a '59 Nash to the Cold War Motors lot a couple of years ago.

My work hours make it tough to get out there. Scott is about 15 minutes away from me...

A day at Coyote auto salvage, aka Claytons.

Scott dubbed me "Agent 5759"

I guess now you can say, you donated a Hudson engine :D

That was the best use that Nash ever served!

In other news I bought that '66 Windsor from Scott a few weeks back. Skip to the ~9:00 mark...

In other news I bought that '66 Windsor from Scott a few weeks back. Skip to the ~9:00 mark...

Son of a ***** I wanted that Windsor bad!
I have been obsessed with it. I have always like a 66 300 but I would now prefer the Windsor.

Son of a ***** I wanted that Windsor bad!
I have been obsessed with it. I have always like a 66 300 but I would now prefer the Windsor.

Post some pics on the slab thread. I hope the interior is shitty. That would lessen my heartache.
I know it needs a rear end. Did it have a motor?

Congratulations! I was so surprised, that such a nice car was dismantled, when I saw that episode. For sale for $900 for a year! he must have been joking?

Back