Commando's 440 Build

What happened to the Super Bee that caused the 440 to be pulled?

Didn't say it was a Super Bee. Generic photo.
It was in a Lime Green Mopar something. It was a junker so he pulled the drive train back out and sent the carcass bye-bye.

Ok, that explains why the motor was for sale. Was he selling the transmission too?

His building has another 20 or so big blocks, uncountable number of transmissions, and about a gazillion tons of MOPAR parts.
He's a well known racer who has an alky slingshot that runs mid-sevens around the south east.
The engine I bought just happened to be in front of the pile and in the way so it was an easy way for him to make a quick 400 bucks after he saw my want ad on CL.

Here he is making a run:

When I arrived to pick it up, he had the engine on a cherry picker all lined up for me to drive under it, a 3/4" breaker bar with a 1 1/4" socket with it so I could see that it spun freely, a valve cover off, and a hole punched in the valley pan so I could inspect the galley. One hell of a nice guy.
Kept asking me as my eyes are darting all over the place, "Anything you need? See anything you want? I need to clean this place out."
17.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the green 440 stock....or does it have any machine work and/or goodies inside?

Back