For Sale Company now making fiberglass bumpers for 65-66 Furys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug, you've built your car to be a badass drag car. I see no reason why not to paint the glass bumper body colored.

View attachment 185826

I know. Not the same. But you get the gist of what I'm talking about.

If my car looked like that ......

After seeing the guys here and elsewhere with painted bumpers...I just can't make it work.

The idea with the build was a broke guy in the late 70s trying to make his car a runner.
The chrome is a big part of this era...

My car, while it does have a 500 plus cube engine, has 3.54 gears, mechanical fuel pump and fan, and stock interior.

My goal is to pull a vintage camper around for a few years.

What my friends think I'm trying to build
aaa.jpg

What I'm really trying to build
aa.jpg

What my wife thinks I do with my money
aaaa.jpg

This is what I got in response from my friend.

"The chrome wrap vinyl will show any little bumps, pits or whatever through it. The material is super-expensive compared to regular wrap vinyl in colors. I have very little experience using it so far but would guess getting the rounded ends to look perfect without any little wrinkles would be a challenge. On a small bumper like the barracudas, I wouldn't want to try it for anything less than $150.00. So best option would be to buy a new bumper if they are available. I plan to try using some on the 340 hood inserts for my car as an experiment after I do bodywork, prime and then paint them."

So, until he plays with the chrome wrap, I'll have to wait, but will let you know as soon as I can.

This is what I got in response from my friend.

"The chrome wrap vinyl will show any little bumps, pits or whatever through it. The material is super-expensive compared to regular wrap vinyl in colors. I have very little experience using it so far but would guess getting the rounded ends to look perfect without any little wrinkles would be a challenge. On a small bumper like the barracudas, I wouldn't want to try it for anything less than $150.00. So best option would be to buy a new bumper if they are available. I plan to try using some on the 340 hood inserts for my car as an experiment after I do bodywork, prime and then paint them."

So, until he plays with the chrome wrap, I'll have to wait, but will let you know as soon as I can.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::icon_fU::thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back