Compatible Donor Frames, 69 Newport?

daMoose52

Reaction score
I commented in my intro post a couple days ago I am NOT a car person, I'm a tech geek first and foremost so if this seems nuts I apologize, but I want to get my 69 Newport Custom back "on the road." She's basically going to be stripped down for all the parts I can salvage and those are going to be preserved but the frame itself is basically gone.
In the tech work I do, on various PCs, arcade consoles, and what not, I can grab some circuit boards from closely related issues and use them as a donor to rebuild various elements on other units. In the interest of expanding my scope of possibilities as I hunt for materials on the car rebuild, is the same possible with the vehicles? I'm noticing the 69 New Yorkers bear a lot of similarities to the Newports; are the frames compatible in this way?? I ask as I'm having terrible luck finding a 69 Newport to work with, but am finding New Yorkers...

Both cars are exactly the same other than differences in trim.

1970 and '71 share basic bodies with the '69's, but there's a significant difference in the front frame and how it mounts to the body starting in 1970, so you will want to stick to 1969 cars if you plan to swap parts.

Jeff

THAT is awesome :) I appreciate the intel :D I was HOPING that was the case with things I was seeing!!

If you can find a salvage yard with a Hollander Interchange Manual, it will usually detail what will interchange with what and what modifications might be needed for everything to work. Plus generating "industry part numbers" for the respective items. Might find one for Chrysler-specific vehicles at a swap meet?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back