WANTED Complete white interior '74/'75 Imperial '76-'78 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

1975.Imperial

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'd like to brighten up the dreary looking brown interior on my '75 Imperial so I'm looking for a complete white vinyl interior, minus the headliner, carpet, and dashboard. Must have power adjustable seats. I'm not looking to spend half my bank account on shipping the lot so pickup in/near central or southern Ontario is a must, I can also venture slightly into the states around Detroit/Buffalo if need be. I could remove all the parts myself. I'm thinking around $500 CAD would be fair but that could go up or down depending on the deal, I could also trade a complete (minus carpet and headliner) brown cloth interior plus cash on my end if that's of any interest.

1978-chrysler-new-yorker-brougham-1.jpeg

1978-chrysler-new-yorker-brougham.jpeg

IMG_0287 2.JPG

Digging that Imp.. love the color, ask me why. Lol and I certainly agree with swapping out. You were brown for the fluffy white. It’s a great color combination.

8D5F5CF0-4C19-4638-AFF5-C01560FB7586.jpeg

E4D46C14-541E-4644-A529-D15CFBF5634B.jpeg

363F804A-315C-411F-A386-9B6C585422AD.jpeg

90DD8760-067B-4AEB-BBEE-D7DB65DEAEB7.jpeg

i think you're going to have to cough up more than 500 cdn$ for decent white leather new yorker / imperial seats but good luck

the only white vinyl 1s you might find would be those from a 75 new yorker, 76 on nybs had leather or cloth, no vinyl.
n they'd look like this :

61014908-770-0@2X.jpg

i think you're going to have to cough up more than 500 cdn$ for decent white leather new yorker / imperial seats but good luck

the only white vinyl 1s you might find would be those from a 75 new yorker, 76 on nybs had leather or cloth, no vinyl.
n they'd look like this :
I had thought that Chrysler used vinyl for all their seats, I guess in that case I'm looking for leather ones. Thank you for the correction.

$500 might be a bit cheap, you're right. I was more so just putting out a starting price. at the same time, I'd still be very happy if the interior had a few tears and cracks in it, in which case, I wouldn't be shelling out the big bucks

Digging that Imp.. love the color, ask me why. Lol and I certainly agree with swapping out. You were brown for the fluffy white. It’s a great color combination.

View attachment 577016

View attachment 577017

View attachment 577018

View attachment 577019
Seeing your car was actually one of the main things that initially made me want a white interior (and actually make the choice to buy my car too). As it stands the brown is too dark for my taste, my thinking's something similar to how people repaint rooms to a brighter colour as it's more welcoming and creates the illusion of a bigger space. The car's also not a true survivor, it's not on its original paint job and some repairs have been done to take it away from factory spec, so keeping it original isn't a consideration. I've also got the interior pretty much fully disassembled right now from removing the carpet and headliner so that gives me a decent opportunity to make the swap. Plus, I'm toying with thinking about the idea of potentially repainting it black within the next decade or two and a white interior would go very well with that. (I know this is more of a purist forum so I'll add that the colour change is only a very small "potentially" sort thing. I do really like it's current, factory colour and it keeps growing on me as time passes, but the Maaco level repaint needs to be redone properly and I've always loved the idea of a black formal Imperial)

John: Very nice interior and the car in general looks great!! BTW.... I like what you did with the wheels!

John: Very nice interior and the car in general looks great!! BTW.... I like what you did with the wheels!
Appreciate the compliment Bob, but I didn’t do that with the wheels, the original owner did, in doing some digging and locating all the previous owners. I was able to make contact with the son of the original owner, who owned the Chrysler dealership and ordered the car The way you see it, and then had the face of the wheels Painted to match the car. The rest of the rim is black, with only the center beauty ring and face of the wheel in body color. I happen to like it and when I get around to doing the rims, I’ll repaint them in that same configuration. She is certainly a project and still ongoing, but I enjoy the car very much.

Seeing your car was actually one of the main things that initially made me want a white interior (and actually make the choice to buy my car too). As it stands the brown is too dark for my taste, my thinking's something similar to how people repaint rooms to a brighter colour as it's more welcoming and creates the illusion of a bigger space. The car's also not a true survivor, it's not on its original paint job and some repairs have been done to take it away from factory spec, so keeping it original isn't a consideration. I've also got the interior pretty much fully disassembled right now from removing the carpet and headliner so that gives me a decent opportunity to make the swap. Plus, I'm toying with thinking about the idea of potentially repainting it black within the next decade or two and a white interior would go very well with that. (I know this is more of a purist forum so I'll add that the colour change is only a very small "potentially" sort thing. I do really like it's current, factory colour and it keeps growing on me as time passes, but the Maaco level repaint needs to be redone properly and I've always loved the idea of a black formal Imperial)
Well, that makes me happy, knowing the Ginger, i name my cars, inspired you. When we were having a discussion in the forum about our favorite colors and options back in 2018, someone posted a picture of her and that’s what drove me to find her. She has an interesting story line Starting from day one, I’m the fifth owner and have made contact with all the previous owners back to the son of the original owner. I think the most interesting part of her history was in 2012 when Mr. James Stevenson of Australia and his wife bought the car online from Australia with the intent of doing a route 66 US tour. The car was in Maryland. They flew to the states from Australia picked up the car and spent about four months driving her through Route 66 And all over the US, they’ve sent pictures of their trip. The end of the trip in Vegas on the way to the airport, sold the car to a local dealer and took a cab to the airport and flew back to Australia. David Goldman, saw the car on the lot and purchased it in late 2012 and then I bought the car in late 2018. The other two previous owners have interesting stories as well, but I found the Australian couple to be most intriguing.
As you mentioned, most of the guys here are purists, but is your car and do what makes you happy… A TX9 paint job with a white interior Sure would look sweet though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back