concept chrysler cars

The Turbine car is still a great looking vehicle!
Was fortunate enough to ride in one when i was a kid. Man i loved that car. Wished they had put a big block in those and sold them to compete with the Riv and T'bird. Interiors were gorgeous.

56 Chrysler Norseman.jpg
56 Chrysler Norseman-1.jpg
56 Chrysler Norseman-2.jpg

The Turbine cars were such a milestone for Chrysler. Too bad they had to be destroyed.

not all of em :poke:
Nor the one that I got photo'd with at a local swap meet in the early 2000s. I believe it is *not* the one that Jay bought.
The owner drove it there from the west side of IN, and it was there with no fanfare, just a small crowd of onlookers. He had it running for us, and was a real nice older guy, very humble.

I belive there are only two running Turbines left.
Jay Leno owns one.

Back in '08 or '09 Leno did a free show at the Palace of Auburn Hills. While he was here he toured the WPC Museum. I believe he purchased the turbine engine there to install in his non-running car. Apparently he had purchased a non-running museum car.

The turbine car has always been "the one I'd sell it to the devil for.........." I have seen them in person a few times in my life...... that car could have given Thunderbird a SERIOUS run for the money if it had made it to the market, even with a conventional engine the styling alone would have carried it.

Sooooo sad that the Chrysler Norseman went down with the Andrea Doria, it would have made an amazing '59-60 model, and I have to agree with fury fan above, there DOES seem to be a Marlin roofline in there.....

The yellow Ghia model appeared at the Chrysler Nationals (in Carlisle) a couple years in the forward look reunion. The guy who owns Kanter Auto parts owns it, he drives it like a "normal vintage Mopar" also, he even let me sit in the drivers seat. Amazing car, with bumper weight trim around the sides of the car.

Too bad the Amelia Island show is on the other side of the US from me, I'd have made the trip to it otherwise. THANKS for posting this video at any rate though.......

Back