Console end plate pictures

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm curious about the cigar lighter and light options that some consoles had.

I have seen pictures of the finish side with the light on and cigar lighter, but I'm interested in seeing the backside and light mounting and any additional differences.

Thanks,

Alan
(if somebody has one for sale I'm interested)

I am looking for one as well per the other post.

Here's mine (not for sale - sorry). It was missing the bulb socket, so I had to modify another bulb socket to fit, and modify my console harness to splice it into the courtesey lights. Same with the lighter feed - I just ran a 10 AWG wire from the circuit braker for the power seats/windows in the kick panel.

Hope this helps

20210730_095416.jpg

20210730_095402.jpg
20210730_095243.jpg
20210730_095109.jpg
20210730_095101.jpg

Here's mine (not for sale - sorry). It was missing the bulb socket, so I had to modify another bulb socket to fit, and modify my console harness to splice it into the courtesey lights. Same with the lighter feed - I just ran a 10 AWG wire from the circuit braker for the power seats/windows in the kick panel.

Hope this helps

Great! Thank You.

I'm pretty crafty and since this is not seen I might be able to do something. Time to dust off the Dremel.

Alan

Hope this helps

View attachment 478149

View attachment 478145 View attachment 478146 View attachment 478147 View attachment 478148
I've been looking at ideas on how to make the light housing and would like a picture from the side (installed) showing the clearance with the lighter and the relative angle to the end plate.

It would be helpful to see it without the cigar lighter housing installed, It would be helpful to see if the casting was modified or if there was a sleeve installed.

I understand I may not be exact but I feel with enough information I should be able to get close.

Thanks,

Alan

OK - it's a PITA to get that thing out of storage... so I'll get to it when I can.

At least I know where it is now - it took me 1/2 an hour to find it last time.

Alan!! I have to climb up on a ladder, take down a heavy box, peel the box open, remove the unit, open the wrapping... sheesh!

I'll try to get to it tomorrow or the next day.

Can't you use your imagination? :lol:
Also - just buy the one for $50 in the other post and then you've got it in your hands, and you'll have all the views you want to have of it, close up!

Last edited:
Back