Console finally installed

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I won't go into all the details but I have been trying to get to my shop several times last week and various things popped up. I finally got there today and install my restored console. It hasn't been in my car for nearly a year.

It took much too long to install, because I didn't make any notes and I was missing some screws. I think my upholstery guy used some in other areas and the ones that were left were too small in most cases. A trip to the hardware store took care of most of what I needed.

I have missed the console, I think it just sets off the interior. I don't think I would buy another slab without a console.

console 1.sm.jpg

console 1.sm.jpg

Yep, completes it for sure.

What's the gauge?

I have the factory performance indicator.

The day you called me to see if I was in my shop. I went home sick with food poisoning. I would avoid the Skyline Chili in Blacklick.:puke:

Dash restored.sm.jpg

Dash restored.sm.jpg

Last edited:
I have the factory performance indicator.

The day you called me to see if I was in my shop. I went home sick with food poisoning. I would avoid the Skyline Chili in Blacklick.:puke:

That's what I thought it was. How does it work again, vacuum?

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years or so but prior to that, Skyline was my absolute favorite junk food.

That's what I thought it was. How does it work again, vacuum?

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years or so but prior to that, Skyline was my absolute favorite junk food.

Yes it really should be called a vacuum gauge, but performance indicator sounds better.

I eat at Skyline all the time but according to my Doctor if you are sick within 8 hours of consumption and it lasts for about 24, it is staph food poisoning. Someone either sneezed on my food or didn't wash their hand. I seem to get this about every other year lately.

I think gold is one of my favorite colors to put on a car. Just down right pretty ! :3gears:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Everything was dyed a gold/tan color. It ended up slightly darker than the factory color, but I am still happy with the color. It complements the carpet and the seats.

That interior looks fantastic Mike, nice work! And about the next slabby purchase, what if you found that other '67 Imp with a silver leather and NO CONSOLE????:poke:

That interior looks fantastic Mike, nice work! And about the next slabby purchase, what if you found that other '67 Imp with a silver leather and NO CONSOLE????:poke:

The '68 300 convertible I want a console. '67 Imperial with silver leather not an issue. That is my slabby wish list, I already feel I missed out on your buddy '68 300. I can't find that next car until next year or maybe this fall, if that perfect car comes around.

The top of the console looks new. Did you restore it yourself or have someone do it for you? If you had someone else do it, please give me the name of the person or company and how to contact them. I have one that needs to be refinished. It really looks good!

The top of the console looks new. Did you restore it yourself or have someone do it for you? If you had someone else do it, please give me the name of the person or company and how to contact them. I have one that needs to be refinished. It really looks good!

Thanks, I cheated and I am very happy how it turned out. I actually got my local vinyl signage company to make a vinyl overlay. It even feels like it was restored because you can still feel the texture of the lid.

I tried to restore it but the ribs on mine were damaged and I couldn't get the lines to look clean.

Back