console modification for 4 speed

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
I am converting a automatic trans console to 4 speed. I need the fiberglass or plastic hump. I can find them for B body's. the C and B body consoles look the same. can the fiberglass hump for a b body be used on a C body console? my car is a 66. any input would be appreciated.

I think they're the same, I used a 64 Sport Fury console in my 65 Polara. I do have a used side hump from a 65 C body if you need one.

1. B-body humps do not fit C-bodies. How much can I emphasize the word, Not.
2. There is no aftermarket C-body hump.

How's your fabrication and welding skills.

Good luck.

The hump on the side of the console, Stan.
I know.

65-68CBody-4-Speed-Humps.jpg

This thing. A C-body 4 spd transmission tunnel hump.

Here's a 65 C Console with the 4 speed side hump.
upload_2019-11-15_13-10-5.png

These are what convert an auto console to a 4 speed one.

upload_2019-11-15_13-10-52.png

My 66 console is a little different than a 65. A 65 plastic console hump will easily graft on to 66 console after a little trimming to the console. I have a 4 speed top plate.
15738459563626561646732343502874.jpg

I have been in contact with pomonamissel. I dont think his humps are ready yet I am going to get a b body hump and hopefully convert it to a c body. Using my c body hump for a pattern.
20191115_130812.jpg

OK. Now I am confused.
I read the thread as your needing a C-body hump.
This says you have one already.
I'm confused.
I'm reading it as he will use the current floor in the c body to determine how to modify the b body four speed hump to work/fit.

Please post up pics and info of what you needed to do to modify the B-body hump to work on your C-body. I have a complete 66-68 C-body set-up, including hump, and plan on one day picking up a B-body unit to see what is required to make it work on a C-body floor pan.

Yes Stan we know they are not a direct out of the box fit....but they are a heck of a lot closer to working then a flat piece of tin. ;)

OK. Now I am confused.
I read the thread as your needing a C-body hump.
This says you have one already.
I'm confused.
He was looking for the fiberglass extension for the console, not the sheet metal tunnel hump. As an Oh, By the way he's going to screw around trying to mod a b tunnel hump by using a proper example.

Back