Convertible Fury - 1970

I am stoked to get this correct air cleaner in the mail today. It's in great shape except for a couple small dings on the edge of the lid. Now I have to figure out where all the vacuum connections go and decide on paint. I stopped at a powdercoat shop today. They have a black crinkle finish that looks pretty close to original and the quote of $85 seems quite reasonable. It includes sand blasting. But it might look funny to have a perfect air cleaner in an unrestored engine compartment. I might just spray it with semigloss and call it good for now.
20180122_195502.jpg

I'll check it out. I've had great success with VHT products, and my wife is quite forgiving about the oven.

I'll check it out. I've had great success with VHT products, and my wife is quite forgiving about the oven.
No need to put in an oven. I just sprayed on and let it do it’s magic. It was probably warm out when I did it however. Just don’t put it on too thick.

No need to put in an oven. I just sprayed on and let it do it’s magic. It was probably warm out when I did it however. Just don’t put it on too thick.
That would save having to worry about those vacuum thingees. Have you got a picture of the result?

That would save having to worry about those vacuum thingees. Have you got a picture of the result?
I think there’s one somewhere on the forums. I don’t have one on my phone right now.

Received a nice heat stove in the mail today. Things are coming together.
20180127_191812.jpg

Wow, where did you find that stove, I had to make one.
Someone was selling hp manifolds with a stove. I asked if they would sell just the stove. They said no, but happened to have a second stove! If you are still looking, I have a lead on another one here locally.

I have HP manifolds, the left is 2951216 HP manifold.
2951216 manifold.jpg

We made a custom stove ..

Stove.jpg

I happy with it!

I have my wiper fluid bottle and pump out of the car. I wanted to see if electricity gets to the motor so I connected a voltage meter to the wire and operated the washer switch. No juice. Do the wipers have to be on for the washer switch to work? The washer switch is kind of weird. Do you just push down in the middle or is there some significance to its rocking type action?

I have my wiper fluid bottle and pump out of the car. I wanted to see if electricity gets to the motor so I connected a voltage meter to the wire and operated the washer switch. No juice. Do the wipers have to be on for the washer switch to work? The washer switch is kind of weird. Do you just push down in the middle or is there some significance to its rocking type action?
I put a NOS one in when I rebuilt my dash. It should just push in fairly easily.

It's kind of hard to tell from this picture, but it is concave, like you would push on the bottom for one thing and the top for another, but it it is just a simple push in button? Does the wiper switch need to be in the on position for current to flow to the washer pump? Thx.
2016-05-15 14.15.26c.jpg

It's kind of hard to tell from this picture, but it is concave, like you would push on the bottom for one thing and the top for another, but it it is just a simple push in button? Does the wiper switch need to be in the on position for current to flow to the washer pump? Thx.
View attachment 167296
You just push it in the middle. Yours actually looks recessed some than from what it is supposed to look like.

Just took a pic of mine. Push it in dead center. There a little play it you push the top or bottom but not much.

8ED47011-B374-4062-9B70-EA77B3A8B7F0.jpeg

Just took a pic of mine. Push it in dead center. There a little play it you push the top or bottom but not much.
Does yours work with the wiper in the off position? Thanks for the help (and for not directing me to the wiring diagram in the FSM :))

Back