Convertible Fury - 1970

Yes, it pushes in with the wipers off. However, I still haven't gotten around to setting up my washer fluid system, so I don't know if fluid comes out with them off. Thanks for reminding me. I can work on it this weekend.

I test drove this today:
2018-02-10 14.52.43.jpg
And I'm thinking about selling this:
2017-10-23 15.20.23.jpg
And this:
2016-05-22 17.12.42.jpg
for a down payment.

I can't bring myself to approve of that decision... I do understand it though... the days when you could make an old car into at least the equal of a new one are long gone.
It's more of a space issue than a money issue. It's technically a 2-car garage but to cram the Fury and a Challenger in there would eliminate almost all working space. I'm going to try to avoid selling tne Fury because I really enjoy working on it. The '42 is already on the market.
1942 Plymouth Club Coupe

Last edited:
It's more of a space issue than a money issue. It's technically a 2-car garage but to cram the Fury and a Challenger in there would eliminate almost all working space. I'm going to try to avoid selling tne Fury because I really enjoy working on it. The '42 is already on the market.
The 42 looks like a real sweetheart, IDK the market... but a coupe should be popular. After seeing all the work you've done, I would think you'd miss the project... at least some of the time.

I can't bring myself to approve of that decision... I do understand it though...
I agree with cantflip, however I do admit to pondering the purchase of one of these modern "go fast" rides. The problem is driving one puts a target on your back. You automatically gain the attention of teenage joy riders, car theft rings, traffic police, insurance companies and all the wantabe stop light racers. One of my neighbors, and a FCBO member Tobias74, bought a new Challenger like the one you are looking at and because of a full garage parked it in his driveway and blocked in by his truck. Well one evening he was out and about in his truck and a couple of dudes drive up. One of the dudes walked across the street and using a remote control, unlocked the Challenger and drove it away, never to be see again. Tobias figured they saw his car, followed him home, cloned his remote then came back when the car wasn't blocked in. All of this was caught on Tobias's security video, but the bad guys couldn't be identified.

It appears the new fancy electronic security system key fobs are very easy to clone so you need a steering wheel locking bar or maybe a trunk monkey with a baseball bat to protect your investment. Probably better to shrink the size of the target and buy a "go fast" that's 5 or 6 years old.

Ever try multiple keys in your ignition of your Fury? Many close but not the right keys will start her up

I measured the garage today. It is 210 inches wide and the door is 191 inches wide. The width of the Fury and a Challenger is 156 inches. Pretty tight.

I have a couple air cleaner questions. I noticed tonight that the top has ripples all around it in a regular pattern. See pic below. Is that normal? Second, does it matter which direction the thermal sensor is installed? Seems like the answer should be no. Thx.
20180212_200336.jpg

I measured the garage today. It is 210 inches wide and the door is 191 inches wide. The width of the Fury and a Challenger is 156 inches. Pretty tight.

I have a couple air cleaner questions. I noticed tonight that the top has ripples all around it in a regular pattern. See pic below. Is that normal? Second, does it matter which direction the thermal sensor is installed? Seems like View attachment 167988

Need a better picture, I'm having trouble figuring out if the view is over or under the pie plate. In a case the ripples look like a stamping issue, I don't see any ripples on my pie plate. Also don't know about the sensor, mine was left as the factory installed it.

671D3DD7-8BD4-4400-BFF3-F7C9F942D04F.jpeg
B8E7EE8C-2340-4FB1-BEBC-63C95C4E58B0.jpeg
578368D1-4ED0-468C-AE4B-3AB98BCBA366.jpeg
4DCBACCC-1D95-4B6A-B9F5-BD1CC9162DD6.jpeg

I have a couple air cleaner questions. I noticed tonight that the top has ripples all around it in a regular pattern. See pic below. Is that normal? Second, does it matter which direction the thermal sensor is installed? Seems like the answer should be no. Thx.
View attachment 167988
Just leave the challenger outside Jeff it won't hurt the car.

View attachment 167988
you can leave the Challenger outside my one was only inside the first 3 months Jeff it won’t hurt the car I always left my 2015 Outside , believe me you will miss your Fury I always had old cars beside my new ones the new Challengers ride nice no doubt and there fun but the old cars are way cooler.
I had prior to my 2015 Challenger a Dodge Viper GTS and I sold the Car to buy the Challenger because my Wife would not drive the Viper I drove the Viper sometimes and when I got the Challenger I drove him a few times and than I passed the Car on to my Wife and she loved it my one was fully loaded with 6speed standard is a good Mama car lol .
She was really sad when the Challenger got stolen off our Driveway at the moment she Drives an 2017 Dodge Durango RT Blacktop Edition but she wants a Challenger Hellcat as Summer Car and it has to be a 6 speed in Sublime Green.

Need a better picture, I'm having trouble figuring out if the view is over or under the pie plate. In a case the ripples look like a stamping issue, I don't see any ripples on my pie plate. Also don't know about the sensor, mine was left as the factory installed it.
The ripples are in the metal and go all around in a regular pattern. It is definitely a stamping issue, but I hope that doesn't mean it is not an original one. I confirmed that the sensor can go in either way. I had to remove it because it needs a new gasket. I just received an original valve cover air cleaner, grommet, hose, and brackets, so I think I have everything I need to put it all back to stock except for a vacuum T-fitting and the metal flex-hose that connects the air cleaner to the heat stove. Those shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Just leave the challenger outside Jeff it won't hurt the car.
Maybe your're right Tobias. Spending that much on a car is quite a stretch though, so it feels wrong to park it outside. It's pretty wet here compared to Calgary. I wish my wife wanted a Hellcat!

I have the dual snorkel installed, along with the vacuum connection and the breather cap. The doors in the snorkels close when I turn it on and I think that is how it is supposed to work. I did the checks in the FSM for the PCV system. I have good suction from the PCV valve when removed and it rattles when I shake it. However, when I do the paper card test on the breather cap hole, I don't get any suction. Any idea why not? Thx.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new Challenger. I sold the 1942 and am keeping the Fury. I think both will fit in the garage, with some reorganizing.

That barn, and four others, are full of cars. I got to tour two of them over the weekend. Not a lot of Mopars, but there were a few old Imperials and a 1961 Chrysler 2-door. My favorite non-Mopar was an early light green convertible GT350.
20180422_114941-barn.jpg

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new Challenger. I sold the 1942 and am keeping the Fury. I think both will fit in the garage, with some reorganizing.

That barn, and four others, are full of cars. I got to tour two of them over the weekend. Not a lot of Mopars, but there were a few old Imperials and a 1961 Chrysler 2-door. My favorite non-Mopar was an early light green convertible GT350.
View attachment 180933
Glad you kept the Fury. Many years after selling my first Monaco, I bought a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack 392. While I enjoyed driving it, I missed my big car .. (the air flow just ain't the same!)
But, hell, if I could have BOTH.... that'd be something.

Back