Convertible top well

tbad

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Could anyone give me a measurement of how deep the glass sits in the convertible well when the top is down from where it mounts to the body in front of the trunk? Trying to make a solid "well" without crushing the glass the first time I put the tip down. A vertical depth from the edge of the body and a horizontal measurement from the body edge to the edge of the glass would really help. Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving

From your avatar, is that a ‘67 or ‘68 Chrysler slab, Newport or 300?
My original top well is still in place, I measured and will post the pics, hope it helps. This is the original top well. The photos are from my ‘68 Chrysler 300.
47A304E9-EC4C-4ABA-8CAD-3DABC40E681B.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the measurement from the seat back brace to the top of the rear speaker. The chrome trim strip is what the boot slides into.
24287FB7-ABFC-4425-B13E-D71C74F4390B.jpeg

The deepest point in the center of the top well. Approx. 12 inches....you can’t really see the edge of the top well. I hope these photos help with your build.
1867E45C-549B-41F2-A45F-5022D8BD6526.jpeg

JC, thank you SO much. Those pictures help a ton. It is a 68 Newport. Always loved the body style. Got mine with very little rust but everything else was shot. No original numbers to anything, so I decided to update and use it as much as possible. Again, thanks for the pics!

Back