Convertible wind screen / Deflector

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
I have a 68 newport convertible. I was driving in an unusually windy situation the other and it kinda sucked. Kept getting stuff blown into my eyes while on the highway, even though I had the side windows up. Lots of turbulence. Then I realized they make wind deflectors that go just behind the front seats. Well even the universal ones I see hook to the head rest mounts, which I don't have. Anyone have experience fabbing one or some other situation to calm the wind down? Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't getting stuff stuck in my eye while going 70, then get that cleared and then get something blown into my other eye. lol.

I'm pretty sure you could fabricate something yourself much cheaper that still looks good. Use some thick lexan, stainless hardware, and use existing mount points on the car. Make it short enough that you can close the top with it in place.

Then again, I'm sure someone who owns a 'vert will chime in with a much better answer soon.

But the opposite

Screenshot_20190418-131346_Facebook.jpg

Wow. I've had my 'vert for going on 10 years and I've never felt the need for a wind deflector. It must get really windy in CO!

The "wind screens" became popular on Porsches and such. High end convertibles, BUT not 4-place convertibles!

On a 4-place convertible, such a screen could be a pain if you ever wanted to let somebody sit in the back. They'd want one too?

Usually, a metal pipe frame with a fabric screen/mesh, I believe. Leave the windows down, might help the flow dynamics.

Windows down, vent wings open (that's huge), visors tipped up, sun screen, sun glasses and hat on. I suggest sunglasses that wrap around just a bit and I wear a big bucket hat that keeps the top of my head and ears from burning.

Driven for hours at speed like that. Syracuse to Carlisle... 5 hours at 70+.

Some guys are convertible guys and some aren't.

Top down, Windows down, power vent windows open and Air conditioning on full blast !!!!! AHhhhh THE GOOD LIFE !!!!!

Back