Converting 2-seat to 3-seat

somewhereinthecity

Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted their two-seat Mopar C wagon to a three seat? If so, what is involved in the conversion? The kids will not stop bugging me about doing this, so I figure I may as well put it on the summer project list if it is feasible.

My 73 T&C already has the quarter panel gas tank and a huge, deep well in the floor area -- it looks like a third seat could just be dropped in and bolted down. Of course, it always turns out to be way more complicated than that...

Thanks,
Jeff in Baltimore

I believe it is a simple conversion. Dealers converted two seaters to three seaters all the time. I think it's just a matter of obtaining the parts and putting them in. You may need to do a little drilling and fabbing to make the attachment points. I parted out a 3 seat '73 T&C a while back, but don't remember how the rear seat was attached. It's possible that I may still have all the parts too.

Jeff

Tagged for learning how to convert my 67 2 seater to a 3 seater

FWIW, Be activly involved on site in aquiring the seats and bits 'n pieces from the donor wagon. The SIX measuring pionts are critical. 1= Both sides of the seat bottom pivot point. 2= Both sides of the seat back pivot point, and 3= Both sides of the seat back braces on the inner wheel housings. Metal cutting to retrive those pins and brackets REQUIRED. DRILLING AND WELDING REQUIRED TO MOUNT PIECES SOLIDLY AND CORRECTLY. Want the C-PILLER GRAB BRACES? MOUNTING NUTS ARE HIDDEN BEHIND THE C-PLIIER HEADLINER. WANT THE BUMPER STEPS? TAKE THE WHOLE REAR BUMPER AND THE MOUNTING BRACES. It's worth the chase, G.L. with it, Jer

Back