Cool pic I took

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Way back in the mid to late 80's they held the very first MOPAR show at Rockingham Speedway. They only did this for a couple of years before it was moved across the street to the Dragstrip. Well they would let people take their cars out onto the speedway & drive around. Rule was no passing. The lead car was usually somebody mature & responsible who kept the Speed to around 60. So you had to lay back & then get a run to have any fun. Well I hitched a ride in a beautifull black 70 or 71 Challenger big block car. We had a Orange Superbird behind us. I took these pics as we played with the bird. We got up to 90 MPH at one point. Man that was fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

On a side note. I was in my late 20's then. There was a beautifull tall brunette there 25 ish showing her orange Demon. She was drawing a crowd. The car had typical mods on it. Headers, intake etc. She was adjusting the carb when I walked up. She was wearing Daisy Dukes. I started talking to her & we hit it off. She told me she built the car. Man I was falling in love watching this very pretty young girl tune that carb. I have never seen her again. Talk about one that got away. I bet she meet a chebbie guy ....

I have vague memories being on the high bank at the proving grounds for the Nats in '84 or '85 in the presence of a sublime or yellow bird. I swear I took pics from the back seat of my dads Mirada but I'm not sure what happened to those pics. I do have a whole bunch from the show at Milan though.

I know exactly where all the pics are from then but I haven't seen the ones from the proving grounds in a loooong time.

Back