Coolest thing(s) I've seen in awhile.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Immediately I thought this was extremely appealing to the eyes...a 1966 Dodge Motor home.
FB_IMG_1528049160380.jpg
FB_IMG_1528049164588.jpg
FB_IMG_1528049168004.jpg

It is appealing, I agree. Has a nice looking front end. Saw a similar one a few years back at a local gas station, very neat.

Love it inside and out. It looks just like one that was a TV show Midnight Texas. Never seen one in person.

I found the old add you are pulling the pictures from. That is how everything should be sold.

I like this setting.

camp5.jpg

Wonder if this thing could pull a trailer with an Imperial on it? :rofl:It would be fun to take a month off and drive this beauty out West...looking for parts:lol:...making memories...it's a beast!
mesmerizing beauty.jpg

Forget taking a month off that a retirement-mobile or the whole summer and or winter

Anything bigger than a 3/4 ton pickup better be diesel, especially if you plan on towing.
If I just had to have this I'd plan on doing a Cummin's conversion

Alan

love the front end bumper...could you imagine trying to find parts on this thing???
View attachment 189406
Good news Doc... you can afford a fleet of them... but towing them home is another story. I really like these Travco RVs... They are made from 2 halves bonded together... fiberglass bodied... and MOPAR. Vette guys would know this, but old fiberglass is a big + and - at the same time. For an RV, no good excuse for leaks that aren't repaired right away (try to fix one on a flattop aluminum skinned one parked under pine trees... I did once :realcrazy:). To do nice fiberglass repairs and paint is a bigger PITA than steel... but patchwork is much simpler for those without welding equipment and skills.

The fully restored ones may be expensive, but fixer uppers are out there. Quick search highlights...

For Sale - Fiberglass Mopar's for restoration... Travco

For Sale - 67 Travco

Go camping with Dodge

1968 Dodge Travco motorhome - $4500

Vintage Travel Trailers

Personally, I still think these are overweight/underchassised as I feel about most commercial RVs... but they'd sure be cool to cruise/camp in.

Back