cop wheels and dog dish cap

crazyboutwagons

Reaction score
I am wanting to change the look of my 68 Plymouth Sport Suburban wagon.been thinking about switching from magnum 500 chrome wheels to painted cop wheels with dog dish caps. anybody have pictures they can post.

DSCN0783.JPG

Although these are not police steel wheels but the stock type. This might give you an idea. I think it is a cool look that works on some cars.
20160903_190030.jpg
20160905_120035 (1).jpg
20160630_204332 (1).jpg

Last edited:
DSCF0579.JPG

Ive always loved the steel wheel / cap look. It doesnt work on all cars, Only certain personalities can pull it off

80's m body service rallyes with similar vintage dog dishes. Was a nice look and the rims were true and strong. Ride was amazing!
IMG_2075.JPG

Nice BigFury. Is there a database that shows the different style dog dishes and what year or years and models they were equipped on? Mine say Plymouth motor Division I think but have no idea if they were on the car when new.

Nice BigFury. Is there a database that shows the different style dog dishes and what year or years and models they were equipped on? Mine say Plymouth motor Division I think but have no idea if they were on the car when new.
Thank you kindly, those caps are $25 Carlisle junk pile specials. You've got your Fury looking really clean. Very nice ride! As far as a data base I'm sure there is something beyond the standard factory brochures. I believe yours are correct for 1969??

I like these for '68. Always liked just about any 50s 60s era car with steels and dog dishes.

download (1).jpg

Thanks for the compliments. Yes I was wondering if they were the correct dog dishes for my year car for sure.
I remember those dog dish you just posted! Were those for a Valiant?

I know where I can get wheels blasted and powder coated for a reasonable price, I am undecided as to black or body color I like the look of cop wheels with the cutouts with dog dish caps. leaning towards the caps on the yellow Monaco pictured above. just would like to see a wagon with that combo before investing the money

Depending on how old and what paint is on the car ,wouldn't it be tough to match up the wheel color to the body color? If you have new paint on the car and know what it is I would think no problem.

Back