coronavirus 2

General Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kippy

Kippy Member

Bullshit. I have no fears. Were do you come off saying that. You have a friend who contacted the virus and wore a mask. So now using that mentality masks are no good. Im never said masks offer full protection.
    How am I supporting "those" who impose rules which "delay" infections or not helping the economy? That statement makes no sense.
    I want to eradicate this virus from our country. You seem to want to deny its seriousness and I understand why.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

facebook_1596375335728_66956834561470864731.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. 3175375

3175375 Senior Member

I wish to have the virus disappear as well.
    You appear to blindly accept the run rules being imposed.

Your past objections to allowing people to make their own choices have presented yourself as a blind supporter of the insane, ineffective rules being implemented.
    I also find it interesting that you respond with foul language and appear to have become defensive and angry.

We don’t know how to stop this virus, have implemented insane rules in an ineffective, extremely expensive way, that in the data collected to date hasn’t made any consistent, effective change.

In addition, people seeking power and control have latched onto our ignorance to fund their agenda, all in the name of public safety.

I am attempting to be objective about the situation and you appear to have let your fear of becoming infected (or others that you care about becoming infected) steer you towards accepting ineffective methods and you project that anyone who doesn’t agree with that approach is implied as an idiot or a fool and out to harm you and those that you care about.

In my opinion, your anger in your response is based upon your self-centered fears.

The bottom line is that we have spent trillions on what I deem a feeble, uneducated, unscientific approach that has not stopped the virus, and we don’t know what else to do, and leaders are acting as if they know what they are doing.

How many more million of people have to suffer, die and at what expense, before we discover that what has been done is nothing more than a folly?

if one measures a problem, and acts on the situation without a ‘total systems engineering’ approach (which I believe is NOT occurring), the problem will never be resolved.

Masks are ineffective. There is data to support that statement.
    I find it amazing that you appear to believe that in my opposition to their effectiveness, you resort to name calling.

I believe that you do not appear to understand this basic problem solving skill and get angry with others when they think differently.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

I think it is safe to say that everyone wants this virus gone. The real question is what works and what doesn't. If you look at the states that locked down the hardest the death rate is very high. Side effect of the cure maybe? Then look at residual effects suicide, drug overdoses, alcohol abuse and spousal abuse. There has to be a better way then this. I don't have the answer but it's plain to see whats not working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

I deleted nothing, the mods must have. @Toolmanmike?

6. Kippy

Kippy Member

We never had a mask like that for asbestos removal. We had a rag wrapped around are faces as we removed the stuff to get to a pipe or valve for removal. All the piping and valves were welded, high pressure, heavy wall.
    Ok, your right , that had to be what happened

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. rags

rags Senior Member

reading this article changed my thoughts on the vaccine trials. if no one in the placebo group died and no one in the vaccine group died, is it possible to say that the vaccine is 100% effective at preventing death?The Differences Between the Vaccines Matter

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  8. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

As far as the mask goes I think if it was a suggestion as opposed to a mandate you would probably see similar compliance and results. And have a whole lot less uproar.

9. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

Yes they do those are covid wariors.
    They have waited a lifetime to fight something meaningful.

10. Old Mike

Old Mike Well-Known Member

Double standard and hypocrisy.......
    There certainly has been a lot of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

Thankfully you are tolerant of everyone's opinion and not guilty of listening to one side.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Old Mike

Old Mike Well-Known Member

I didn’t reap or heap praise on anyone. But my reason for taking a jab at Fauci is that he is one of the many who flip-flopped on the mask issue causing confusion when clarity was needed. So while people all over the country were and are trying to go about their business while being afraid or uncertain, Fauci looks like he’s angling to be the next celebrity doctor like dr. oz. If keeping people informed is part of fighting the virus and slowing the spread, then Fauci has done a mediocre job at best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Administrator Staff Member

Do I have to delete this thread?

Stop attacking each other -- Stop with the veiled politics mentions.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

Sorry my point was that doctors will fix this not pols. Maybe if they put cameras in the lab Fauci would go

15. rags

rags Senior Member

i should hope not. some of us are actually posting information on virus statistics, public policy, and progress on understanding vaccines. agree with you on the attacks though. it's pointless and should stop.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

3yrwwf.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. '66 Fury I

'66 Fury I Member

Since we no longer have pennies in Canada, I will offer my five cents worth! In at least two ways (that I can see), we are all on the same side here. We all appreciate the finest automobiles on the planet, and (I am certain) we all want to see the pandemic disappearing in our rear-view mirrors. On both of these topics, we will always have differing opinions. The trick we must master is to be able to express our opinions without losing respect for others. Always remember that if you demand the right to hold and express your opinion, you must uphold the right of others to hold and express thiers. Freedom is a sword that cuts both ways. Lindsay

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  18. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

Nice 66

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  19. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jimda

Jimda Active Member

Yeah there is a surprise Zuckerberg wants everyone locked up. That way they the have to use his platform. He doing it for our own good. Not because as soon as people are free they are gonna jump off facecrook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.