For Sale Correct Reproduction '71 Sport Fury GT Stripe Kits Available 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Fury Pursuit and I are pleased to announce that we will have the ONLY 100% correct reproduction 1971 Sport Fury GT stripe kits available for purchase individually. These kits will be start production after January 1, 2019 and are available in either white or black and we can have gold stripe kits made as well. $700.00/kit shipped within the U.S. Will ship anywhere in the world if the buyer pays for the shipping.

Our kits are made with the correct 3M vinyl reflective strobe stripes and GT quarter panel decals and semi-gloss hood stripes and decals and are precision cut based on a proprietary computer program that Fury Pursuit and the print shop that is producing the kits for us developed.

No one else is currently offering correct stripe kits for '71 GT's (unless you can afford to buy a minimum of 10 kits). For those familiar with Dave A's green sunroof GT, Magnum Auto Restorations had to pull in a lot of favors to have the stripe kit made for his car and I learned from both Dave and Mark, the owner of Magnum Restorations that the company that made the stripes for Dave's car will NOT make any more 71 GT stripe kits at any price. With no disrespect to anyone else, no one else who will sell an individual stripe kit are correct.

I have spent $1,000.00 and countless hours over the past year to get a correct template made for the production of the 71 GT stripe kits. In producing the template for these stripe kits, several 71 GT's were used for reference including my former B7 GT, which has most of it's original stripes on it, the April Green GT restored in CT a long time ago that had hand made stripes and decals made based on the original stripes on the car (both of these cars are now owned by Rod), body parts with original stripes and an older restoration with a correct reproduction stripe kit that is owned by Trev.

An attempt was made to use the folks that made the stripe kit for Derek a/k/a Can Critter's GT but we found that their template was incorrect in many ways including the size of the fender strobe stripe blocks and the shape of the GT decals.

Questions are welcomed. If you don't know me, please check out my feedback on eBay, user ID FURYGT.

Bill & Trev

Gents,

Even though I don't have a SF GT, I thank you for reproducing some C body unicorn parts! I hope it pays off.

62F347F5-8A14-4052-9DC4-C0A56796B357.jpeg

the only?????best check yer facts

If you are referring to the stripes and decals on your car, I spoke with your body and paint guy Paul (who mentioned that the stripes on your car not reflective as they should be) and tried to work with Brian and the company that made the stripes for your car. I paid for a paper template from the company that did your stripes and decals but regrettably the template was too far off in the size of the blocks that make up the strobe stripes, the number of blocks in the stripes and in the spacing for the blocks that form the stripes on the fenders and doors. The font and shape and spacing of the GT lettering was also off. That template, that was supposed to be based on the stripes on your car did not match with the stripes on my former B7 '71 GT that still has most of it's original stripes as well as the GT decal on one quarter panel nor did the template match with original body parts from a 71 GT with original stripes. It also did not match two other restored 71 GT's with known correct stripes and decals whose stripes and decals did match the original stripes on my former GT and on the body parts also used for reference.

For example the "first strobe stripe section/block" on the front fender should be per original stripes; 3.375" in length. The template sent to me by the company that made your stripe kit has a "first strobe stripe section/block" that is 3.936" in length. Almost a quarter of an inch longer than it should be. The GT lettering on the hood was found to be larger than it should be and the spacing from the hood G and the T to its surrounding stripes is incorrect; they were found to be too close to the surrounding stripes. The GT on the rear quarter panel was also found to be larger by about 1/8' overall than the factory dimension.

Not sure why everything was off and I am not looking to start any trouble but the template sent to me did not match up with original '71 GT strobe stripes and decals so I feel that my statement if being the only correct kit available individually, meaning that can be purchased in a quantity of one is based on solid research by myself and Fury Pursuit. If needed, I can dig up some photos showing the difference in measurements.

Many very knowledgeable GT folks were also consulted including the owner of the sunroof GT and the owner of the restoration shop that restored that car. Maybe Chrysler used a different vendor for the Gold stripes vs. the black and white kits. Maybe the sizing, proportions etc. somehow did not get transferred correctly to your printing company's computer program by the printing company. Maybe your car did not have its original stripes and decals before it was restored by you. I don't know why but the template for your stripes did not match original white and original black '71 GT stripes and decals.

so you have a license to sell these reproductions from Chrysler or are ya just a intellectual property thief?
its one thing to make a set for a car...its another to steal intellectual property ,reproduce it and sell it publicly.....so you'll be sending Chrysler its cut ?

l'll stand by Pauls work he put into exacting the decals on my GT...the fella who did mine has since sold his business and retired...what happened or happened after that is no concern to me...all l know is my decals are original to car and Paul went through great effort to trace every single inch...
DERRICKS 1971 SPORT FURY GT 002.jpg
DERRICKS 1971 SPORT FURY GT 024.jpg

personaly am happy with my GT and why you decided put down my car is beyond me short of mayby promoteing your stripe package to any tom dick or harry that would clone or try to fake a GT....its gona be the 300 Hurst all over.....here a GT there a GT everywhere a cloned GT....

Derek,

First, I did not put your car down. I only noted that you elected to use non-reflective strobe stripes (your car, your choice) and that the paper template sent to me that were reported to be based on the stripes and decals on your car did not match up with an original stripe car, original stripe body parts and 2 other GT's known to have been restored with correct stripes. The truth is I really like your car and if it were for sale and I had the money, I'd be making you an offer.

Second, I dealt directly with Brian, the fella that sold the print shop that made your stripe kit and Brian dealt with the new owner of the shop and I paid them for
the paper template. I got Brian's info from you.

Third, I don't know who you think you are kidding but you have offered to have stripe kits made for others including me and you tried to sell your computer program for printing the stripes on your cars to a stripe company that I believe I put you in touch with so are we both intellectual property thief's?

Fourth, I never indicated that I would not vet any buyers to ensure that the stripe kits would not be put on clones. Trust me, I don't want clones either.

Fifth, We are both '71 GT enthusiasts and we need to stick together and help each other so take a big deep breath, re-read what I have posted including the possible explanations on why the template for your car's stripe kit are different and go have a nice cold beer for me. I don't want any hard feelings and don't want to post more photos.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back