Correct Thermostat dimensions on Edelbrock performer rpm intake

JimmyRich

Reaction score
Im changing over to Robert Shaw thermostat on my 66 Sport Fury with eddy 7187 intake but see where several are available in 180 degree types. Help pleez

Just match the hole dimensions in your intake. Basically, there is a "bigger" (normal) thermostat and the "smaller" (as in "Chevy" or 1980 LA 318/360) size. Either one should be available in the Robert Shaw style thermostat, I suspect.

Usually, you can get an idea of the hole size by measuring the thermostat housing's diameter below where the hole attaches at the flange. Of course, you'll need to make adjustments for the metal thickness in the housing.

Perhaps there might be some information on the Edelbrock website as to what thermostat fits that manifold?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I was just measuring T stats yesterday. The large stat is approximately 2.465 inches. This is the one u need. The bolt holes are across from each other. About 9:00 and 3:00 o’clock. The small stat is approximately 2.170 inches. The bolt holes are on an angle. Something like 11:00 and 5:00 o’clock. Some intakes with the angled holes have 2 sets of holes and u can run either T stat as long as u have the proper T stat housing. Hope this helps. Kim

Last edited:
Back