Couldn't Help Myself

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
So I kinda watched a car listed on the Lincoln Nebraska CL, was going to make an offer and the car sold. Talked to the seller and he gave me a price he sold it for. A week or so later, the same car is relisted for a lower price, same condition, everything was the same. Talked to the new seller, he got it so it wasn't crushed. Nice guy! We worked out a price, I got it just above what I would have offered seller #1. So, I rented a truck and trailer and brought home an FF1 1966 Monaco 500. A little rougher than I had hoped, but what have I been hoarding for? Parts for this car. Biggest issues are driver's side lower quarter is rotten behind the wheel, the same wheel well look like crap, and something hit the roof. I have a couple spares... Power windows, power driver's seat, a spring special color, A/C, 383HP. It's probably the '66 body style I love so much that made me do it. It is a project to be sure, but I need to broaden my skill set and this is a chance to do it. @71Polara383 inspired me to do more than I'm comfortable with, at the moment. A welder is a future purchase, no doubt. Not sure if I need a frame rail or just a trunk pan but welding will be required.

Here's some pics from the CL ads.

00q0q_8VhkZIumssE_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_755jIo15NX0_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_aGG2J2e8nZR_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_5PVIHQRvfTX_1200x900.jpg

Second listing.

00D0D_3xBRDJlo7ee_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_jeFFcYlJBjy_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_2wfonHioZIY_1200x900.jpg

I think this ad pushed me over the edge.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
And on the way home.

IMG_20180709_203111.jpg

IMG_20180709_203130.jpg

IMG_20180710_003259.jpg

IMG_20180710_003312.jpg

IMG_20180710_003340.jpg

IMG_20180710_003329.jpg

IMG_20180710_003356.jpg

IMG_20180710_003347.jpg

And the roof.

IMG_20180710_003408.jpg

Was a fun jaunt. All a covert operation. No one knows I have this, other than the fine folks here. It's in my storage unit (that was fun moving it off the trailer and into the stall by myself!) and will be for a while. Hopefully the owner opens up a 40x40 unit he has, I'm trying to get it because his prices are CHEAP!!!!! I could fit all my crap in one spot and still be able to afford groceries. So this will sit for a while, but it's in my possession, and I don't have to watch it bounce around getting resold again and again.

Wow. I am an inspiration already? Nice car and yes. The brochure would seal the deal for me as well. Glad you picked her up.

Congrats, I love it! Or at least I like it a lot...:thumbsup:

Nice score. That was always one of my favorite year / model Dodge. It also has one of the coolest looking dashes too. Good luck

So Scott are you hiding this one from the missus like me?
*** Covert storage units and shops are a good place and space for hiding C bodies.:D it does help when the wifey puts up with the old iron and the addiction.

Last edited:
I'm really glad to see that you got that one. It has such great potential with all the options and a color combo that I really love. I had contacted the seller back in March, but ended up deciding to pass on it because the car was a bit too rough for me and shipping to the east coast would add too much to the cost of the car.

Jeff

Oho, that must be why you've been kinda quiet of late.
I've actually just been relaxing and not doing anything car wise. Two big car weekends in a month, and all the heat and humidity along with other factors made me take a little break. I've been getting things here and there.

I had to seriously think if I wanted this car, or any other car for that matter. This is what I love, no matter what, I go back to cars. Not some midlife crisis, just a late bloomer. I have one more car in the works and my fleet will be at my maximum capacity, I have enough projects to last me for a while.

I'm really glad to see that you got that one. It has such great potential with all the options and a color combo that I really love. I had contacted the seller back in March, but ended up deciding to pass on it because the car was a bit too rough for me and shipping to the east coast would add too much to the cost of the car.

Jeff
I've been preaching "buy it done!" and here I go and buy a project, doable, but it will be more than the initial plan, but isn't that how they all go? Took me about two minutes to figure that out, but yeah, it's a cool car. At least I know what to look for in the swap meets!

Back