Couple pics of the latest heap.

I'll personally always endorse the steelies with caps. Fresh coat of black paint, and a little polishing on those caps, and it will change the whole look of the car.

Let me get out there tomorrow and see how much of the oxidation and dirt I can scrub off and I'll post up some more pics.

Looking around the back window I can see where someone took some Gorilla glue and tried to glue the vinyl top down. The seats aren't horrible, but they are starting to tear. Seat covers would be a huge improvement.

I'm contemplating ripping off the top, and having a Maaco paint job in something close to the original color. Tinting the windows, some new 255/70R15's or M body 15X7's with the cop caps, adding dual exhaust and driving it.

Wheel covers go better with this one, I think.
I agree, and the white walls are a must also. Looks like the original paint might buff out to look decent too. Why try to make a nice, luxury type 4 door sedan look like a wanna be muscle car....?? Kinda like dressing granny up in biker leathers ... It just dosen't work and devalues the car.
Could be a really nice driver for not a lot of money.

I don't like full covers, and I'm not nearly old enough for whitewalls.

I'm not looking to turn it into a muscle car, just something to cruise that looks good.

Pepto pink with 30" wires and rubber band tires anyone?

I don't like full covers, and I'm not nearly old enough for whitewalls.

I'm not looking to turn it into a muscle car, just something to cruise that looks good.

Pepto pink with 30" wires and rubber band tires anyone?

OHhhhh YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!! :poke:

th
th

Wheel covers go better with this one, I think.

According to the "rule of thumb" to resort dog dishes to low line models this one should have full wheel covers; personally can't make up my mind with this one.

Don't go to the "Monkey Garage" type of restoration. Do what you can afford to keep it to stock appearance. Remember until the last decade, what blackwalls and dog dish hubcaps meant.......

Back