Cowl inlet to blower/heater box?

BakonBittz

Reaction score
I know i'm not the only one with a rotten section of (plastic? cloth?) tube from the oval cowl inlet to the square heater box/blower? What is everyone dong for reproductions? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find one.

I like to think I'm pretty creative but I have no idea how to remake this part or where to start. Dryer vent? NOS? Fab it completely out of aluminum?
Since I usually make things more complicated than they have to be: I'd like to have it sloped or with a drain in the bottom to avoid standing water. Much like my crudely drawn diagram below :wideyed::):D:eek:
Nm6eo35.png

I know i'm not the only one with a rotten section of (plastic? cloth?) tube from the oval cowl inlet to the square heater box/blower? What is everyone dong for reproductions? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find one.

I like to think I'm pretty creative but I have no idea how to remake this part or where to start. Dryer vent? NOS? Fab it completely out of aluminum?
Since I usually make things more complicated than they have to be: I'd like to have it sloped or with a drain in the bottom to avoid standing water. Much like my crudely drawn diagram below :wideyed::):D:eek:
View attachment 337259

Square to round transitions exist in the HVAC world. They can be fabricated of metal and big HVAC companies (and some supply houses) have plasma cutters and the software to make about anything.

Can you post a pic of what it really looks like. In the aviation world, we use High Speed Tape, which can be formed into just about anything. It's also used on race cars... light-weight and durable.

It might be what you need, if I can get a better look at what you are looking to make. The hand drawn picture doesn't really help much, and I'm not all that familiar with the part.

=== nevermind. I'm sure it's what you need. Make the oval out of aluminum, rivet it together. Use the HST on the end to form the area on the box. done. It's literally what they did in the Apollo 13 dilemma.. except they used duct tape.

Back