Cross-member ID & Interchangeability?

dart1962_440

Reaction score
Does anyone know the interchangeability for transmission cross-members? 65-68 the same? 69-73 the same? or 65-73 the same?

Does anyone have measurements on how to identify them? I have a spare cross-member and don't know what it's out of, besides a 65-73 c-body.

Thanks

Pat

I upgraded my 65 Sport Fury (big block/automatic) from the factory trans cross member to one from a 73 Monaco (or Newport) way back in the 80's and it was a direct bolt in affair.

I upgraded my 65 Sport Fury (big block/automatic) from the factory trans cross member to one from a 73 Monaco (or Newport) way back in the 80's and it was a direct bolt in affair.
Fuselage and Slabside tranny crossmembers interchange. I'll have to add that to my mental notes. Thanks for that info.

Thanks,

Looks like that's the whole front sub-frame. Not seeing where dimensions for the trans cross-member are listed. Are these in a different spot?

Regards

Pat
Sorry, a little too much eggnog and bourbon when I posted that.

I managed to find the part. Can anyone ID what year it's from? 68?

Thanks

Pat
IMG_0902.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG

That looks like the original one I took out of my 65 Fury but I believe it could be other years as well. I am uncertain when they started using the newer style trans mounts.

Thanks.

I found this one while searching Google Images. Looks similar but has differences.

crossmember image.JPG

Looks like 70 uses the newer type trans mount. Picture borrowed from 6bbl GT restoration thread.

70 6bbl GT.JPG

Back