Crown Vic suspension

Joseph James

Reaction score
In a Fury. Any advantages to doing this?

59363716-5B67-49D0-B66E-C1599A2A8A81.png

Ford suspension, Chev engine in a Mopar. What could possibly go wrong?

Dave
He sells the car, a new owner will play hell buying parts. Had that happen on a F-250. Had a Mustang 302 and it was a process trying to buy a water pump. I had no clue what year engine it was.

Who ever is thinking about this one needs to consider buying mounts from Schumacher and just dropping in a 5.7 or 6.2 Hemi, those would cost a lot less and develop more than enough power to move the Mopar. I personally would not even bother with that as building a 383 or 440 would be a bolt in and parts are every where.

Dave

Rack and pinion would be an upgrade. To some getting rid of the big steering box and t bars has advantages. That would have made the turbos on mine easier and probably handle a lot better. Substantial work tho

Some people don't like eccentric-washer alignment adjustment set-ups. Preferring GM-style SHIMS instead. Seems like the CV upper control arms are two-piece, with a serrated interface where the camber adjustments are done?

And then there's the orientation that T-bars are ALWAYS in the way, not understanding how their mountings and such spread the suspension forces out over a broader area of the car. Whereas on a coil spring car, it's all centered in the crossmember area.

The mod-er will probably tell the person he might sell it to how much better it is than what Chrysler put under there from the factory. That buyer, not knowing any better, will probably believe it. AND then wonder "Where'd all of this STUFF come from?" when it wears out. Then he'll have a somewhat worthless rolling/running "parts car", rather than a unique classic. UNLESS he can convince the person he unloads it to believes the hype of the person who did all of the modifications, initially. Cycle repeat

I suspect that if somebody wants to "LS" a Mopar, they're more worried about keeping up with their buddy that has done similar with something GM, rather than even consider a Gen III Hemi upgrade.
Probably spell HEMI as "himmee"? OR, he's been binge watching far too many cable car shop shows!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

These kids are retards nowadays, another Dumb *** idea. Torsion bars are the best suspension for our cars and still morons have to frig up a good thing.
picard-facepalm.jpg

:BangHead: Why! Save your LS swap for your GM product. Torsion bar suspensions were some of the nicest riding ever made. Just my opinion though.

These kids are retards nowadays, another Dumb *** idea. Torsion bars are the best suspension for our cars and still morons have to frig up a good thing.
View attachment 372619
Same kids that were daydreaming during physics class, or did not even do physics just maxed out art classes.
Physics should be the first science class in high school, not Biology. Who cares why you have green eyes and I have blue, you got what you got. Now learning that your POS 3 ton 1999 pick up truck has 4 times the kinetic energy at 80 mph than at 40mph is something you can do something about and may be useful in a year or two when that drivers license comes up.

In a Fury. Any advantages to doing this?

View attachment 372525
There goes all your ability to fine tune the ride height plus you've turned it into a front-steer system which will severely affect handling. If you don't like the stance, you'll have to buy new springs instead of adjusting the torsion bar bolt. Those little stubby A-frames look like they belong on a Mustang II or a Pinto.

C bodies work best with rear steer, not an aftermarket adaptation of a FoMoCo system.

FWIW, I own a grand Marquis (same as a Crown Vic) and this suspension looks NOTHING like the one in my car.

I don't think its worth the effort for a car that already has a good suspension set up. But for a old truck, oh yea. I love to do one myself someday.

Back