Cruise Control question for 78NYB

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Bob, does the tang on your CC cable look like #1 or #2. I'll explain later...

1zna6np.jpg

op682a.jpg

Closer to #2. I had to use Eddie pn# 8009 on an eddie throttle linkage adapter. It was just a hole that the pictured adapter bolted to. I can research the Eddie throttle linkage adapter pn that I used if you want.

8009.jpg

There's a hole (not pictured) on the smooth end of the pin that vthe cotter pin goes theough to secure the cc cable.

Closer to #2. I had to use Eddie pn# 8009 on an eddie throttle linkage adapter. It was just a hole that the pictured adapter bolted to. I can research the Eddie throttle linkage adapter pn that I used if you want.
8009.jpg

Thanks anyway. I'm all set. I'm just wondering why the old style (#1) and the Eddie setup have the CC cable link directly to the stud and our cars (#2) have the CC cable link to a separate are that pivots independently.

I believe that the only reason for the additional arm was for universality sake on the production line. All you needed to do to make a non-cruise carb configured for cruise was to add the arm and hook to the cruise cable.

The linkage in picture 2 was a dealer add on cruise I put a few of them on when I was working for a dealer.....sure looked like that...........

On the Eddie carb pn 1406 you have to use an adapter Eddie pn# 1481 to make it work on a big block mopar.

350-1481.jpg

And you have to use CHEVY universal pn# 8009, pictured a couple of posts ago to maake the CC cable work.

#1 is the throttle cable. #2 is the cruise cable.

The throttle cable on a ''Formal'' C body never looked like the cruise cable, and the cruise cable on a ''Formal'' C body never looked like the throttle cable.

The only person who makes any sense on this thread (beside myself) is Mr C . Who by the way is (in my 25 years of '74-'78 C body experience) correct.

Last edited:
The linkage in picture 2 was a dealer add on cruise I put a few of them on when I was working for a dealer.....sure looked like that...........
Not doubting that but that's they way they all came from the factory on the late C's.

Oh well I don't know then but I think Bob has done a lot of research on this subject ......but I don't understand the point

......but I don't understand the point
You had to be there...
(Actually, looking back, I realized now that it's too late and I opened up a Pandora's box because I posted the WRONG #1 pic than the one I meant to post)
It's all a moot point now. I got the results I needed despite Newp being so effen smart than anybody else.
Close the thread up.

Last edited:
I don't have the actual picture of the linkage on my NY'er on this laptop. I'll post the picture that utilized the actual parts (previously posted) that I used to make the cc cable work next week when I get back home.

Thanks, Bob, but I'm all set. Don't make a special effort.
I wish I could delete this entire thread that turned into a custerfluck.

If it was designed to ''roll'' on greased slides I would.

Back