Custom 71 300 - Looking for current owner.

Brewzer67

Reaction score
Hi there. New to the group but hoping someone can help. Here are a few pictures of a 71 Chrysler 300 that was built and sold by an old friend of mine that recently passed. I have some build memorabilia that I got from the family that I would like to pass on. Anyone seen this car in either iteration that can point me to the current owner?

PXL_20220318_024604145.jpg

PXL_20220318_031409805.jpg

Hi there. New to the group but hoping someone can help. Here are a few pictures of a 71 Chrysler 300 that was built and sold by an old friend of mine that recently passed. I have some build memorabilia that I got from the family that I would like to pass on. Anyone seen this car in either iteration that can point me to the current owner?

View attachment 520929

View attachment 520930
I should add that the last know location I have for it was down in Florida.

That's a '70 grille.

Sure the car was a '71?

I don't remember this one on the forum here... It's interesting and the more I look, the more work I see. Flush mounted grille etc.

That's a '70 grille.

Sure the car was a '71?

I don't remember this one on the forum here... It's interesting and the more I look, the more work I see. Flush mounted grille etc.
I'll look through the stuff I have but I thought it was a 71 but he used a 70 grill but I could have it confused with a Hurst version he did like this as well.

Remember seeing a similarly modified 300 convertible, at a Cruise-In in Kettering, Ohio - maybe 10-15 years ago. It was white, 2-seater, w/ the extended trunk, and Hurst components. Only ever saw it the one night. Another car by the same builder??? Another modification of this car???

Remember seeing a similarly modified 300 convertible, at a Cruise-In in Kettering, Ohio - maybe 10-15 years ago. It was white, 2-seater, w/ the extended trunk, and Hurst components. Only ever saw it the one night. Another car by the same builder??? Another modification of this car???
Yep, same builder. He did one version in the late 70's followed by the Hurst edition in the late 80's\early 90's followed by this one. He also restored an early 300 as well that I am going to post with this same intent.

I saw the hurst edtion @ the 1st Goodguys show in Columbus,Oh in 1998 the car attracted a lot of attention looked like a lot of work went into it. I'll have to look through pictures i have to see if i have any pictures of it.

@jollyjoker

1647807325380.png

Last edited:
Yep, that's it. He eventually morphed that into the black version in the picture I posted and then turned it into the white version. From there he modified it to have a gullwing hood/fender setup. He did some amazing work. I would really like to find the current owner and get them all of the historical photos I have of it. Even better would be to get a commitment to sell it to me if they ever were going to let it go.

Wild looking car and the proportions are spot on.
I wonder what he did for side glass?
In the earlier versions that I was around for he used Lexan to make the window. They were cut to shape then heated very carefully and molded to the needed shape. The catwiskers would leave some fine scratches when the window was rolled up and down too many times but that was before they were using the lexan they do now for car windows in racecars etc.

Back