Customer's cars

65sporty

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This came in for few minor things and a steering box, it's a 72 340 car. When he got it there was no motor or trans. Painted it, new top, I did the fuel and brake lines, power disc swap, front end parts, installed the engine and trans. It has a 360 now with a healthy cam, runs nice.
image1 (1).JPG
image2.JPG

Why are you stealing his thread??? This is not about you and not about GM.

Ok ,,explain it to me then I will leave

Why are you stealing his thread??? This is not about you and not about GM.
It's not about E bodies either... relax...
Ok ,,explain it to me then I will leave
No need to be angry, Dylan (I assume) was just pointing out that it is typical behavior in here... AFAIAC it makes the threads much more interesting and fun to read.

65sporty was showing off a nice ride he worked on and 69furyiiiconvertible replied by showing off a couple of nice old girls he got to touch. If I was still allowed near customer's cars, I would have wanted to share as well. BTW, congrats on the new job Nick.

Turboomni, I'm not trying to give you any crap, just enjoy the parts you like. I don't think we will get overrun by the off brands with an occasional post and The longer the thread goes the more folks tend to put in their 2 bits... some of these guys have amazing backgrounds and I would love to hear from them about some of what they have done, worked on or designed. Heck, we have a slew of truck drivers in here who have worked on more cool stuff than most mechanics I know.

Hmmm...I think I swing closer to Turboomni's opinion. I have yet to see a fine Chrysler automobile grabbing kudos at a GM Is Us site...and wouldn't expect to either.

Hmmm...I think I swing closer to Turboomni's opinion. I have yet to see a fine Chrysler automobile grabbing kudos at a GM Is Us site...and wouldn't expect to either.
I suppose that's why I like it here so much and don't go anywhere else except for parts... but, I'm only one vote...

I don't think Nick's intention was to steal the thread just posting some cool cars he was also happy to be a part of. As soon as I can figure it out I have a short video of it running to post.

Looks good. I had these two in the last 2 weeks I've been working for my new boss.

'68 Firebird Convertible and one owner 70 Skylark Custom Convertible
[/ATTACH]

Congrats on the new job. Have you always been a mechanic? Don't recall hearing what you did for a living before.

Off topic is the norm here. Has been as long as I have been here. Stick around and the subject usually comes full circle.
Some of you new guys need to chill with the attitudes. If you don't like it, look at something else. There's plenty to see. Opinions are fine, and welcome. Just don't start jumping up and down and throwing a tantrum.
Congrats on your job Nick. It's a great confidence booster when someone allows you to work on their "special" car. How's the Fury vert coming along....?

Back