D-Day 75 years later ÷1

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Will the nation remember those that fought and died for our freedoms today? Amidst the riots, racial and political protests and violence and the pandemic that consumes the news media and our daily lives, we shall not, cannot forget the bravery, selflessness and undying love for our nation those troops had. Against all odds, despite the circumstances, knowing it would take the full measure of their own life and lives of their fellow soldiers, they fought to secure the beaches and our way of life. Please take a few moments to reflect on the sacrifices made for the living and the dead and pray that God grant them eternal peace.
Thank you!

brotherhood.jpg
veteran.jpg

Theodore Roosevelt Jr. was one of the first men in the invasion and at 56 years old was the oldest man during the invasion.
Brigadier General Roosevelt was one of the first soldiers, along with Captain Leonard T. Schroeder Jr., off his landing craft as he led the 8th Infantry Division Regiment and 70th Tank Battalion landing at Utah Beech. Roosevelt was soon informed that the landing craft had drifted south of their objective, and the first wave of men was a mile off course. Walking with the aid of a cane and carrying a pistol, he personally made a reconnaissance of the area immediately to the rear of the beach to locate the causeways that were to be used for the advance inland. He returned to the point of landing and contacted the commanders of the two battalions, Lieutenant Colonels Conrad C. Simmons and Carlton O. MacNeely, and coordinated the attack on the enemy positions confronting them. Opting to fight from where they had landed rather than trying to move to their assigned positions, Roosevelt's famous words were, "We'll start the war from right here! He passed about a month later due to a heart attack.
101678924_1620171521465344_3969254428891254417_n.jpg

Thanks for posting. I would not have remembered.
I have not been keeping track of things in the world for the last several weeks.

I am grateful for the sacrifices made. My Grandfather survived the attacks in Pearl Harbor. I'm only here reaping the benefits of Liberty because he was not killed on 12/7/41 or the days that followed. Additionally my Grandmother on the other side survived bombing raids in England. Her best friend did not. That woman has no Grandchildren.

Will the nation remember those that fought and died for our freedoms today? Amidst the riots, racial and political protests and violence and the pandemic that consumes the news media and our daily lives, we shall not, cannot forget the bravery, selflessness and undying love for our nation those troops had. Against all odds, despite the circumstances, knowing it would take the full measure of their own life and lives of their fellow soldiers, they fought to secure the beaches and our way of life. Please take a few moments to reflect on the sacrifices made for the living and the dead and pray that God grant them eternal peace.
Thank you!

34DBE4C9-F614-4B98-88CA-7B5B980942C4.jpeg
5B726BDD-5C09-4D40-BC80-450F699BE3A5.jpeg
Was there last year my Father landed @ Normandy and did right by his country and taught us all how to be your brothers keeper and not be divisive ,God bless him and all of us we are very fortunate

Back