Dad's C Body

theos911

Reaction score
C[addy] body

We've been working on reviving the 59 Cadillac 62 Series Coupe for a couple months now. It's not a C body, but I imagine some of you will appreciate it.

Here is the photo album of us pulling her out of her tomb that she's occupied for the past fifteen years and transferring her to our garage. That was Dad's first house, but he wanted to get us kids out of Maple Heights Schools. With the 1930 Model A Deluxe Coupe Rumble Seat and the 68 Chrysler 300, the 59 Caddy stayed in that garage while we moved elsewhere. The Tenant didn't mind and kept an eye out for her while he lived there, but the local kids didn't have the same respect and used her as a smoking lounge. Luckily, they at least used the ash tray.

Here is the video of the exhuming last November.

[video=youtube_share;1hkPrHSZfUE]http://youtu.be/1hkPrHSZfUE[/video]

From yesterday (6/6/2013)

[video=youtube_share;beix8__sUYw]http://youtu.be/beix8__sUYw[/video]

and a bit of what she's still got

[video=youtube_share;PeeKXnAk_LQ]http://youtu.be/PeeKXnAk_LQ[/video]

C[addy] body

We've been working on reviving the 59 Cadillac 62 Series Coupe for a couple months now. It's not a C body, but I imagine some of you will appreciate it.

Actually this is a C-body, but the GM C-platform as far as I know. I almost like these late 50s GM cars, as much as the Mopars, after all they were inspired by the revolutionary 57 Mopars.

Actually this is a C-body, but the GM C-platform as far as I know. I almost like these late 50s GM cars, as much as the Mopars, after all they were inspired by the revolutionary 57 Mopars.

I was thinking the same thing but didnt know where the C body date started for the GM body.

Thanks for sharing that with the board, wish I could have been there for the whole thing.

What are the plans for the Caddy ? Oh, be grateful the locals didnt burn her down

Not sure on plans yet. Tranny is going to need a once-over and all the brake lines are far gone. As tempting as she is, we still have a house that needs ...everything and then there's my Fury and we still need to move the T-Bird.

Love it, very nice!

Seems backwards .. rad head is great .. just shove a couple window uni's in it and be done .. joking

We were considering keeping the hot water heat and replacing the disintegrating boiler, but the butchers that came and cut the copper out of the house kinda threw a monkey wrench in the works on that one. Dad despises window units.

Last edited:
I can understand that Theo. I was joking as you obviously were already into the project and wouldn't turn back now

Actually it's the best part of town for several towns around. The trouble with this case is that it was a foreclosed house to which an angry former occupant kept keys for this specific purpose. The boiler was going to need replaced anyway. Mom wanted conventional heating, but Dad was willing to stick with hot water heat. I guess she wins now.

Back