Dallas 64 Newport

I don't know the answer but before I google I'll guess it needs to be 15 mills thick.

I don't know the answer but before I google I'll guess it needs to be 15 mills thick.
While you're Googling........

5n2o89.jpg

Well how about that! They also tout the paint over rust thing in their literature as do some of their competition so I always just assumed that's what it actually stood for.
thanks Stan! Now how about the 15 part?

Well how about that! They also tout the paint over rust thing in their literature as do some of their competition so I always just assumed that's what it actually stood for.
thanks Stan! Now how about the 15 part?

I'm taking back my 'Thank You' !

No don't do that! I think 85% of the population that knows anything about it thinks it means paint over rust and I know the POR people would encourage that.

So getting some work done. Here's some photos as well for your viewing pleasure.

Pulled out the seats and carpet. Found rust in the footwells. At this point I only plan to sand down to bare metal.
f29f6bb7f792bc00d385ba19279673c9.jpg

Passenger side:
5bd7499353bcf6dda3d3ddeaaa8e8779.jpg

Installed a new starter relay and battery. As well as new ground and positive wires.
b5a923acdd2aee985e79fad6503ff289.jpg

The new carb I installed. After changing the relay I was able to start the car from the key ignition fine
i need to adjust the carb tho because I have to hold it open for the car to start. Anyone know how to adjust it?

56e79102aaedd999b52e3e001b12d99f.jpg

and finally pulled out the gas tank to clean.
2f0d751de8cb4be2afbcf08caa653085.jpg

everything was great until I saw this.
9610d8c8ca5b42f288a1f4149be9231a.jpg

can this be fixed or am I screwed?

Your screwed! Your floorboards look better then your gas tank at least.
Somebody should chime in about gas tanks for your car, I'm not very well versed in the pre 66 stuff..

Your screwed! Your floorboards look better then your gas tank at least.
Somebody should chime in about gas tanks for your car, I'm not very well versed in the pre 66 stuff..
Haha thanks detmatt, I guess only option is ask around radiator shops to see if they can fix the tank.

on 2 70 models i removed i blocked off one end and tried fill with water-i was supprised by how bad they really were. i know they are expensive but..................

on 2 70 models i removed i blocked off one end and tried fill with water-i was supprised by how bad they really were. i know they are expensive but..................
You mean to check the tank for all the leaks?

i thought the tanks were good- so i filled them to try to rinse them out-after about an hour , on the top side where the mat had been was full of pinholes

Hector, I know CTC isn't just down the street but you might have to make the trip down to Denton. Many Salvage Yards will not ship a used gas tank. Call before you go, They might have pulled all their tanks and crushed 'um, Jer

Hector, I know CTC isn't just down the street but you might have to make the trip down to Denton. Many Salvage Yards will not ship a used gas tank. Call before you go, They might have pulled all their tanks and crushed 'um, Jer
yea I made a trip today. They have a few but they want $200 for a tank...kinda steep imo.

Back