Dam lawn tools:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I am so sick of the lawn equipment that is out there. Namely the weedeaters. Can't someone come up with a spool that works when you tap it on the ground. The ***** keeps on getting stuck in the reel, and I have to take it apart and pull the string out by hand, sucks. Yes I did wind the cord the right direction. If it isn't the plastic bulb, the fuel lines, the spool, then it would be no problem doing my lawn. At least my John Deere rider works great.

use an electric one, works better and your neighbor wont hate you as much when you do it at 7am since this seems to be the time for those kind of things *eyeroll*

I feel your pain. Bought one a couple years ago, worked great the first year and has gone downhill since. Cheap.plastic throttle selector isn't worth spit. For now I've found the sweet spit it will stay running, so I can at least trim the yard, it's gotten me to be very efficient though!

I feel your pain. Bought one a couple years ago, worked great the first year and has gone downhill since. Cheap.plastic throttle selector isn't worth spit. For now I've found the sweet spit it will stay running, so I can at least trim the yard, it's gotten me to be very efficient though!
I left my POS string trimmer back up North.
Pedro never breaks.

I've experienced this frustration. I found that if i cut the trimmer line and let it hang for a day or two to get the "spooling" out of it and then wrap it loosely on the trimmer spool it works better. Not perfect but better.

The first one I bought about 11 years ago was a Ryobi lasted two seasons. The next one was from Tractor Supply, Cub Cadet (MTD), lasted 7 years. My current one is a Stihl, by far the most expensive one at about $150 and the best quality. It starts easy and 98% of the time the bump weed for the string works well. I've had it a couple of years now.

I left my POS string trimmer back up North.
Pedro never breaks.
66fbdbb942ac840526c0575fc67fbbaf.jpg

I just weedwacked the cabin half hour ago. Here's what I use for house too. I have always purchased Craftsman weedwackers and push lawnmowers with a Sears connection with relatives in the business for decades. Have John Deere riders though.
20180729_131213.jpg
20180729_131227.jpg
20180729_124835.jpg

I have one of these on one of my trimmers

upload_2018-7-29_14-41-36.jpeg

It's a grass gator, just stay away from chain link fences.

My father in law uses something like this

2bd622-abca-496f-87ee-bd6c9b7e7169.v1.jpg-62577e142e22aff9003260e8dbcbbc045f4e0243-optim-450x450.jpg

My other trimmer has a regular string head, most times it works really good.

Thanks guys. I have been checking on a different spool that is easy to load.

I run the Kobalt 80v. It is honestly the only one I've owned since I was in my 20s that actually bumpfeeds. Worked so well I bought the mower and blower to go with it. I can weed whack, edge with a metal edger, mow, and clean up with the blower on one battery.

My wife wanted quiet and light weight so I bought a Toro cordless. Works great. Does about half the yard on a charge and she's happy to take a rest and finish it the next day.

I've had mixed results with the bumpfeed heads. Some work one year, next year not so well. I looked at the fixed-blade heads, but remembered that if those blades break, there's shrapnel flying around! Went for the feed-n-lock strings. Bought a roll of .085 line, cut it to length, then carry about 12 with me in my pocket. Sometimes need a small screwdriver/aul to get the remains of the strips out, but better satisfied than any bumpfeeder I've had.

This year, I've been buying the pre-pack gasoline, is more expensive but I don't have to mix it and it's of known quality w/o ethanol. Usually like to stay with Ryobi trimmers.

Every car enthusiast needs a weed whacker! Just walking around the yard, after it's all done, blipping the throttle has a relaxing and energizing affect!

Enjoy being outdoors!
CBODY67

Worx battery powered. The wife uses it in her business and loves it. Self feeding and pre wound.

Back