Dano's Used Mopar Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to do a wire transfer and don't want to give out your info, you could set up another account just for this transaction. Get your money and close the account... or get your money and then keep it open for stuff like this.

That's a great idea. That way there is no ties to our original account. That account is just for this transaction. After he pays me I can move it out of that account and in to another.

I've done several wire transfers without worry but everyone has there own comfort levels when it comes to these things.

All of your checks have your full account number printed on them. We all give out our account info every time we write a check.

Congrats to you gentlemen.

And congrats to the evolution of FCBO. A car is getting flipped & people are celebrating. A car is getting exported & people are celebrating. Is it Opposite Day?

Okay. We have come to an agreement. Julian payed me through paypal. I transfered the money to my account. It takes 3 to 4 business days to clear. One it clears his mover will be on his way. I told him I would help in loading the car any way possible. I also told Julian I want pictures of that bad boy after he restores it tearing the streets of Germany UUUUUUUPPPPPP. Lol.

Hi,

yes, I have bought a lot of cars from the US in the last 20 years.

On cheap cars I often do the payment by paypal. The seller usually gets charged 4% by paypal. The buyer gets a bad US-Dollar exchange rate, too so it might be around another 3 % which totals up to 7 % if the buyer agrees to pay all costs.

Advantage: fast payment, no worries, no waiting for everyone.
disadvantage: expensive solution for the buyer even though doing a regular wire transfer from his bank will cost some charges, too.

Solution on a higher transfer:
wire transfer from account to account. If the seller doesn't feel well with giving out his current account details: Open up a new account which is mainly used for this transaction. If you want the payment fast: Choose a bigger bank (ie wells fargo, citicorp, BOA). If you choose a small local savings "hill billy" bank it will take more time till the money arrives.

Finally: It is a question of trust, too.
I wired lots of money without a contract just by a spoken word on the phone if I had THE RIGHT FEELING about the seller and him being an honest Mopar guy.

Carsten

And congrats to the evolution of FCBO. A car is getting flipped & people are celebrating. A car is getting exported & people are celebrating. Is it Opposite Day?
Vodka is more American than a lot of Americans. A true C-body lover.
Men in hats still maintain high standards............. :D
The council issue you yours, yet? They oughta.

Yes, we found a way. I Payed the ~4% fees... Paypal is fine, even when I donÄt unterstand the 4%. The Paypal-info says 1.9%...
Everything's fine. Dano got the money. I call my mover tomorrow (and hope they're working between Christmas and New Year) and let them pick up the car asap!

My very special, own christmas present.

:yaayy:

Sweet car!! That looks like mine!! Those are hard to find.. Mine has a white interior with leather seats and a black vinyl top...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back